• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commercial Guard SWR shift patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon87

Hi all,

The question is in the title really - does anyone know what the shift patterns are like for SWR Commercial Guards? (equivalent to Train Manager).

TIA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

Hi all,

The question is in the title really - does anyone know what the shift patterns are like for SWR Commercial Guards? (equivalent to Train Manager).

TIA.
Pete,as far as I know it's different to each depot/area. Earlies,middles & lates. New Yeovil depot = just earlies & late's (04.30,16.30).

Anon87

Pete,as far as I know it's different to each depot/area. Earlies,middles & lates. New Yeovil depot = just earlies & late's (04.30,16.30).

Cheers buddy. Do you know how the weekends work?

Brynster

have you done the assessment day for this job with SWR, I am doing one later this month and wondered what is it like

MiNi

have you done the assessment day for this job with SWR, I am doing one later this month and wondered what is it like
Brynster,page down to page 3 to thread titled 'commercial guard assessment' for my previous reply. It explains the day(and saves me typing it again).

MiNi

can i ask, what are the Maths questions like
Very basic,nothing to worry about. I'm no wizz at maths and even I found it easy. A few add ones,a few minus ones,a few times ones. Some X + ? = X etc,etc. Don't stress over the maths test you will be fine. Are you going to Southampton for it. Which depot have you applied to. Good luck.

Brynster

Very basic,nothing to worry about. I'm no wizz at maths and even I found it easy. A few add ones,a few minus ones,a few times ones. Some X + ? = X etc,etc. Don't stress over the maths test you will be fine. Are you going to Southampton for it. Which depot have you applied to. Good luck.
Yes i am going to Southampton, i have applied for Fratton

MiNi

Yes i am going to Southampton, i have applied for Fratton
Cool. There were 3/4 guys on my assessment day for fratton & they passed the day ok. I didn't think I would enjoy the day but surprisingly I did. Good luck for later in the month.

Brynster

Cool. There were 3/4 guys on my assessment day for fratton & they passed the day ok. I didn't think I would enjoy the day but surprisingly I did. Good luck for later in the month.
hello again, I passed my assessment day this week and now have an interview next week, you couldn't shed a little light on this as weel could you

MiNi

hello again, I passed my assessment day this week and now have an interview next week, you couldn't shed a little light on this as weel could you
Well done on passing the assessment day. How did you find it, obviously ok as you passed. Any difficulty in any tests or not ?.

MiNi

It wasn't to bad, do you know how the interview is likely to be structured
Your interview date came through quick which is good. Is it back at Southampton ?.
Not structured as such,flows well.
Will be compentsy (sp) based a lot. So think of situations where you have worked as a team,followed rules,done something safely,showed good customer service. It will also be a help to know some of the companies history. Research back to maybe south west trains(swr now) or I did further to network southeast.

Brynster

Your interview date came through quick which is good. Is it back at Southampton ?.
Not structured as such,flows well.
Will be compentsy (sp) based a lot. So think of situations where you have worked as a team,followed rules,done something safely,showed good customer service. It will also be a help to know some of the companies history. Research back to maybe south west trains(swr now) or I did further to network southeast.
Thanks for that, they gave us our interview dates at the end of the day when they told us we had passed

MiNi

Thanks for that, they gave us our interview dates at the end of the day when they told us we had passed
That's good that they told you there and then. Were you in a big group & did many pass or not. In my group only 4 from 16 passed ok.

Brynster

There was 30 of us I think, but some were only doing the tests for guard, there was 13 of us in the end that passed

Status
Not open for further replies.