• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Company Cheque and Oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimbledonpete

Hi

Have been persuading a couple of colleagues that they should take advantage of the work interest-free season ticket loan - both of them only need zones 1-2 travelcards and have Oysters.

However, I've hit a gap in my knowledge - I can see from the TfL website that they no longer accept company cheques and I know that most TOCs no longer issue Oyster. Are there any places they could use a CC and get their tickets on Oyster? They're unlikely to want what they would see as the hassle of paper tickets.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

button_boxer

Established Member
I can see from the TfL website that they no longer accept company cheques and I know that most TOCs no longer issue Oyster. Are there any places they could use a CC and get their tickets on Oyster?

Do Chiltern accept cheques? Marylebone can sell products on Oyster.

EssexCommuter

Hi

Have been persuading a couple of colleagues that they should take advantage of the work interest-free season ticket loan - both of them only need zones 1-2 travelcards and have Oysters.

However, I've hit a gap in my knowledge - I can see from the TfL website that they no longer accept company cheques and I know that most TOCs no longer issue Oyster. Are there any places they could use a CC and get their tickets on Oyster? They're unlikely to want what they would see as the hassle of paper tickets.

Thanks!

I came across this at the company I work for. You can buy TFL season tickets online via the individual's Oyster account, so we've started doing that and using a company credit card. However it does depend on accessibility of company credit card! We had one issued to HR solely for this purpose, and they can then go to the employee applying so the details are never shared. Of course this depends on company policy, and size.

wimbledonpete

Thank you for your responses - will look into Chiltern. Not sure about using the company credit card but will suggest it to HR just to see their reaction. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.