• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 243 :: Voting

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 4 15.4%

Votes: 6 23.1%

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea!

mumrar

Established Member
Wow, surprised to see that so many didn't have sunshine in them but it's hard to catch these on the mainline now.

The very last entry made me laugh, because at least I know it's someone I've seen because I was going to enter my shot from there if it wasn't for the lack of sun. Mine is pretty similar HERE, please don't reply in thread whoever you are, I'd hate to unmask the photographer as I did so myself before now!

I chose 8 as it is was well took, good location and good weather. Also liked 12 too, as I try to see beyond the traction but it was the yellow coaches that did for it visually I'm afraid.

Well done all again for some sterling efforts, and a well populated one this time too!

curly42

Just tried to vote and got a screen asking for the album password when I tried to view the pictures.Never had this before so I've no idea what password to use.Also going to the pictures from the link above is no use - this particular gallery isn't listed.I'm very confused- a condition I usually find helps me through the day.

BJMorley

6, as it shows a different view of a steam loco other than from the front, or the front coach, also as the train is on a curve it does give that interesting look. I do like No.2, but 6 won me!!
Brandon

class 313

Established Member
6 is a dreadful photo IMO, I don't see the main point of the photo. The steam locomotive isn't even the main object of the photo.

BJMorley

Tom, as many people say, to capture something, make sure it's different from the rest. 6 is just that as it shows both a different angle, and it makes it just that better.

curly42

Tom, as many people say, to capture something, make sure it's different from the rest. 6 is just that as it shows both a different angle, and it makes it just that better.

... and the point is what - to capture a photograph of Steam On The Mainline.If however you just what a picture of the rear of a train in a siding,then fine,go ahead and capture something different.That makes it just that better than what,may I ask ?
Different strokes for different folks,but you're not trying to tell us that no. 6 is a better photograph than ALL of the others,surely ?????

Gizmogle

Established Member
It's all a matter of opinion! There isn't really a best photo. Just what people perceive as the best photo.

curly42

Best in terms of popularity amongst a small community, yes.

Which makes it the most popular,not specifically the best,surely ??
Oh dear,this could run and run - and I quite like the photo that started all this !!!!:D

Gizmogle

Established Member
Which makes it the most popular,not specifically the best,surely ??
Oh dear,this could run and run - and I quite like the photo that started all this !!!!:D

Exactly. There is no best, as it depends on how you define best. The best photo is different for different people.

BJMorley

... and the point is what - to capture a photograph of Steam On The Mainline.If however you just what a picture of the rear of a train in a siding,then fine,go ahead and capture something different.That makes it just that better than what,may I ask ?
Different strokes for different folks,but you're not trying to tell us that no. 6 is a better photograph than ALL of the others,surely ?????
No, I'm saying it looks better in my opinion because it's not the same POV as most of the others.
Different POV's stand out than others, meaning they are likely to get picked by say judges. No. 6 still got 3 points, so it's not that bad!!

Jordy

Established Member
mumrar is the winner :)

thumb_c575.jpg

01 - eezypeazy
02 - Daniel533
03 - 37427
04 - minette
05 - curly42
06 - Gizmogle
07 - LittleRedTrain
08 - matt
09 - mumrar
10 - CraigS
11 - ekr123
12 - 86242
13 - Thewanderer
14 - Craig

Craig

Established Member
The very last entry made me laugh, because at least I know it's someone I've seen because I was going to enter my shot from there if it wasn't for the lack of sun. Mine is pretty similar HERE, please don't reply in thread whoever you are, I'd hate to unmask the photographer as I did so myself before now!

You might not have seen me, it was getting pretty crowded up there :lol:

Well done btw :)

curly42

Congrats to mumr - lovely picture - and I'd love to know how you managed to get full sun with the summer we've just had !!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.