• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 244 :: Voting

Which photo wins POTW Competition 244?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 24.0%

Votes: 2 8.0%

Votes: 3 12.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phoenix

Established Member
Oh no number six the man just thrown in the prototype card he officially gets my vote just for being one of the few who keep the image of her alive!!!! (which is a good quality of a well matured photographer)

Jordy

Established Member
That is the general idea, but it is up to the voter at the end of the day...

Boxcars

I was going to vote for number 6, good old D0280 "Falcon" :smile:, but then I got to photo number 12. It's the best in my opinion so I'm voting for 12 (and I'm definitely NOT voting for the traction in this one) ;) (sorry 153 lovers)

Phoenix

Established Member
Dunno if anyone read what I wrote (guess not eh) but I voted for six because of the fact the owner of the shot has managed to keep hold onto such a valuable shot whereas usually a shot that old would get lost (pretty vintage!!)
But hey the other shots are excellent also.

william

Established Member
Because I associate 'on the blocks' with a view from behind the 'blocks' I have only considered photos depicting such (personal preference). Of these I found myself deciding between two main contenders; numbers 4 and 8, purely because these pictures capture the very essence of what I consider to be 'on the blocks', although I would much prefer 'at the buffers' as a description for such a theme. There are other pictures capturing a similar ideal, but don't come close in terms of atmosphere. Out of these final two I have chosen number 8. Although it seems to capture motion (something which in my opinion goes against the very nature of such a theme), the 'not to be moved' sign in the foreground just takes it....nice touch.

If you can't be bothered to read that waffle........NUMBER 8.

Phoenix

Established Member
Because I associate 'on the blocks' with a view from behind the 'blocks' I have only considered photos depicting such (personal preference). Of these I found myself deciding between two main contenders; numbers 4 and 8, purely because these pictures capture the very essence of what I consider to be 'on the blocks', although I would much prefer 'at the buffers' as a description for such a theme. There are other pictures capturing a similar ideal, but don't come close in terms of atmosphere. Out of these final two I have chosen number 8. Although it seems to capture motion (something which in my opinion goes against the very nature of such a theme), the 'not to be moved' sign in the foreground just takes it....nice touch.

If you can't be bothered to read that waffle........NUMBER 8.

To be honest I agree with your statement but as much as I should vote for those photos that best fit the title in question I tend to go for the best photo but I am mostly one of the first to complain when a shot with absolutely nothing to do with the title manages to rear it's ugly head.
But on the block shots always have that atmosphere.

william

Established Member
Just to add to my post......if number 8 doesnt win, I'll spit my dummy again<(

Only joking;)

No, I agree, the best photo should win, however, as part of this criteria it should also be the picture which best fulfills the theme set. Obviously this will be down to each individual's personal taste/experience.

william

Established Member
I like 12 too! In fact very much so. Very atmospheric, but even the caption seems to imply it belongs elsewhere in another topic imo.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I didn't vote for 12 myself, but I definately think it's gonna win.

minette

What's go great about number 12? Looks over-sharpened to me - although if it hadn't been so sharpened I'd probably have voted for it on the grounds of atmosphere.

Boxcars

What's go great about number 12? Looks over-sharpened to me - although if it hadn't been so sharpened I'd probably have voted for it on the grounds of atmosphere.

Hi minette :D

I can explain (sort of!)

What attracted me to number 12 was what you didn't like. I liked the sharpness (crispness) of it. Plus . . . I bet my partner a fiver that it would get more votes than her fave which was number 4. I think my money's safe ;)

David

Established Member
Obviously I can't vote for my own photo in POTW, which is a shame, as I think it is the best photo submitted this week.

Of all the entries, there is only 2 that stand out, so I have voted for ??

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats David

thumb_ludo.jpg

01 - LaSeandre
02 - class 313
03 - Gizmogle
04 - O L Leigh
05 - minette
06 - curly42
07 - Conner
08 - Jordy
09 - BJMorley
10 - LittleRedTrain
11 - Craig
12 - David

However, this inevitably now means that next weeks theme is Pacers, so many thanks to all who voted for 12 - you've allowed Pacers to be the next theme :lol:;)

David

Established Member
Thankyou :D

The reason why I entered that photo was that when I saw the theme, I expected to see a load of photos taken from the buffer stops themselves. I wasn't disappointed! I merely entered a variant of the theme that still met the criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.