• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 408 :: Class 32X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampshade

Established Member
Just for an update, I have entered this competition, though I shall say nothing about my entry (apart from it being a 32x of course!). So no sympathy voting! Now to get the fully expected (and most likely justified...) zero votes, and for everyone to jump on to the 91107 bandwagon. If his is best anyway!

Actually, I haven't been able to get out and take a good shot, I've had loads of uni work to do and I haven't been in Manchester this weekend :(

I've had to enter the only shot of a 32x I've got which looked fantastic on the camera screen but looks crap when enlarged. I'm so annoyed because I've been waiting for this competition for ages :cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
I spent quite a while trawling through lots of similar photos, then BAM! There it was. Shot entered, good luck to everyone

Ivo

Established Member
I spent quite a while trawling through lots of similar photos, then BAM! There it was. Shot entered, good luck to everyone

In other words, I'm going to lose. Wa-hey! Honestly though, people, my saying things like this will be a one-off, because it is my first. You will probably be able to tell which is mine from a mile off. To be honest, given this is my first attempt, I'll be happy if I get at least 25% of the winning score and land a spot in the Top 10. Anyway, as mumrar says, good luck to all...
...and please, no sympathy votes! :D

Phoenix

Established Member
Just adding my two cent's here and I'm honestly not sniping at anyone in particular so please can nobody take this personally.

Right nearly every week I view this aspect of the forum and all I see is moaning followed by some more moaning and guess what moaning at the end of the day a competition is a chance to thrash the others by constantly striving to better yourself and be better than those who are the current winner.....

For instance at the moment I keep seeing Mumrar winning and I'm pretty adamant on beating him soon or Ferret for that matter but obviously in a friendly sense as I have admiration and respect for both of them along with various other but them two seem to stick in the forefront of my mind.

The fact of the matter is practice makes perfect and moaning get's you nowhere but on peoples hit lists so maybe food for thought there ?

I see everywhere various photos which would be the winner's in my eye's only if certain details were perfected and I despair when i hear those people acting as if they were robbed of the win all I will say is you were close to winning so better luck next time but the moaning loses respect pretty quickly.

Ivo

Established Member
I do agree with this. At least if the competition was occasional - and not a 50-times a year thing - then maybe. If I go this way, someone tell me please...

POINTLESS EDIT: POST 500!!!

Last edited:

Phoenix

Established Member
I do agree with this. At least if the competition was occasional - and not a 50-times a year thing - then maybe. If I go this way, someone tell me please...

No I agree on this one because and no offence Moderators (Without you I would have one less forum to spend time on) but It seems that set deadlines aren't exactly met so why not cut down the amount of competition's to increase the important.

Regarding deadline's again im not trying to offend the person in question because the competition continues without fail and works without major flaw just let's be honest if it isn't on the dot then it doesn't really show itself as all that important so why not cut it down save the workload and work on revamping it?

Jordy

Established Member
Unfortunately I can't sit watching the forum every Sunday at 1900, it never ceases to amaze me how often people complain, and every time I say the same thing!

"Entries in by 1900 next Sunday please" does not mean "Voting will commence at exactly 1900 next Sunday"! Maybe I should be clearer that it is a deadline for members, not for me! What exactly would reducing the number of competitions achieve?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No I agree on this one because and no offence Moderators (Without you I would have one less forum to spend time on) but It seems that set deadlines aren't exactly met so why not cut down the amount of competition's to increase the important.

What deadlines? I didn't realise there were any deadlines apart for deadlines for entries & votes to come in.

Phoenix

Established Member
I don't know why I bother sometimes really I try giving some none offensive constructive criticism and what do I get this.Ok I'll shut up but Jordy sorry if I caused offense was just trying to help but could I have an apology please for the manner of your last post please.

Jordy

Established Member
I didn't ask you to shut up and I apologise if I came accross a little harshly, I didn't mean to. I don't really understand what the problem is though, can you expand further?

Phoenix

Established Member
Cheers for that and I know you didn't ask me to shut up but It did come across harshly but let's be honest who ever know's on the internet but thank you.]

But there isn't a problem just maybe a revamp with the competition just I believe that if was Bi-monthly then it would present people with rarer opportunity to enter thus increase the entries per competition which although sounds counter productive might help but it's just an outsider opinion which if isn't taken on board is fine.

Cheers for the time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.