• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 519 (Underground Overground) :: Voting

Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 21 53.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Yes, it's quite a limited selection this week, and not a single "Womble shot" to be seen, given the title of the competition. :D

I've voted for number four.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I am quite possibly the world's most annoyed person at the minute. I was 99% sure that I had never taken a picture of anything LUL-related in my life. I was scouting for entries to the ECML comp tonight and found a good photo of a Tube train at Upminster... Needless to say I am not a happy bunny right now, but I did find a corker (by my low standards) for next week's comp, so we'll see how it goes.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
6 snatched my vote this week, the background just made it feel much more urban than the shot at Willesden to me. I liked that one a lot too, but 6 just felt right somehow.

Surprised too at the lack of entries this week, but then I suppose it shows how little of us either go on underground systems or phot them.

Ivo

Established Member
Disappointed by the number of entries here; I had expected at least double. It does make me receiving multiple votes quite likely though! :lol:

I feel that 4 is the best here. Needless to say, it's not mine...!

HST Power

Established Member
I like the style of three, but four and six are good to.

This is where I wish I'd voted Yes for Alternate Vote!

FPTP means I'm going with four!

HST Power

Established Member
Electoral Reform for RailForums? That'd certainly make the polling a more complicated affair (if we were to use AV).

valenta

Number 2 for me, I think it reflects the sad state that some of Britains rail networks are in today. Many trains are plagued with graffiti.

HST Power

Established Member
Number 2 for me, I think it reflects the sad state that some of Britains rail networks are in today. Many trains are plagued with graffiti.

Sadly, yes. We should electrify all the railways, so if somebody goes near a train with a spray can....

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to curly42

thumb_ds1768.jpg

01 - sellis89
02 - Ivo
03 - bengley
04 - curly42
05 - Popper
06 - Simon Poole

HST Power

Established Member
Indeed, a very strong victory this week. Well done to curly42, that photo got my vote as well. :)

curly42

Thanks to all those who voted for my shot ( and thanks to all who took part ).

Hope you don't find the theme of "Third Rail" too shocking.

( I'll get my coat........ ).

strange6

Established Member
Congrats to curly42

thumb_ds1768.jpg

01 - sellis89
02 - Ivo
03 - bengley
04 - curly42
05 - Popper
06 - Simon Poole

Yup, that's what I voted for. Very nice photograph. What did it for me was how he managed to get both the foreground and background in perfect contrast and clarity. It's as if you're there for real (Sorry if this sound gibberish but i haven't a clue about photography! )

HST Power

Established Member
If competition 517 was carried out under AV, the person who came fifth could have won :smile:

Lets not start that one up again! :lol:

I don't think there's much point myself, it was a landslide victory for 'No' anyway!

Ivo

Established Member
I don't think Lampshade would have complained ;)

It takes a strange type of person to complain when (s)he gets an unfair advantage and wins as a result.

Like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.