• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 526 :: Advertising liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
A couple of thoughts here:

1) Can we have EC's special 91 in its 'Flying Scotsman' red / fire livery?
2) Can we have the Tesco train?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well since Tesco's a product then that should surely count. I'd not count the EC livery personally, since after all it's just a flashy TOC livery.

I like the theme, gonna have a look and see what I've got about.

EDIT: Hmm, this is proving harder than I thought. I reckon we need a more definitive list of what counts. Like whether that Aggregates livery on 59s counts, although I'm not sure.

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Giving that the Flying Scotsman livery is set out to advertise that service, I would accept it.

It all depends on how you define Advertising, this is how the dictionary does it:

The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services
- movie audiences are receptive to advertising
- an advertising agency

But hey, I'm not the one who makes the decision, that is just my POV

TP

windoze11

what about a freightliner 66, gbrf or ews Schenker 66 hehe there advertising there Locos

Crossover

Established Member
what about a freightliner 66, gbrf or ews Schenker 66 hehe there advertising there Locos

<tongue-in-cheek> And with that we go down the route that XC are advertising their brand on the HST's, 220's and 221's...it just keeps getting broader :P </tongue-in-cheek>

Jordy

Established Member
A couple of thoughts here:

1) Can we have EC's special 91 in its 'Flying Scotsman' red / fire livery?
2) Can we have the Tesco train?

Yes and yes

No

<tongue-in-cheek> And with that we go down the route that XC are advertising their brand on the HST's, 220's and 221's...it just keeps getting broader :P </tongue-in-cheek>

No :P

Jordy

Established Member
I'll be lenient, anything that is at least vaguely advertising is fine - anything that clearly isn't will be rejected though.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not been online since 29th June, so almost missed the entry for this. Shall have another quick dig-around in a bit and make an entry hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.