• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 527 :: Class 185s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Prodigy

Awesome, live right near a line on which 185's run on, definitely going to give this a shot

Crossover

Established Member
See these things and travel on them quite regularly but as a result have hardly any pictures of them! Will have to see what I can find during this week :)

Crossover

Established Member
The fight is on IPT :P

(Just realised that after the last comment, my avatar is of a 185...d'oh!)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ooh, interesting. Hopefully I've got some reasonable shots of 185s to enter, I found nothing for POTW526! All being well I won't have to resort to digging out CDs of my photos, which is what stopped me entering POTW526 (I know, lazy right!), got to have some lurking around somewhere!

Now if only I hadn't used that shot of a 185 reversing at Darlington in the ECML round a while ago, I'd have used it for this! That said, I think I've got a lush (does anyone else ever use that word these days?) pre-sunrise shot I can use <D

Looking forward to seeing the other entries for this!

Crossover

Established Member
Now if only I hadn't used that shot of a 185 reversing at Darlington in the ECML round a while ago, I'd have used it for this! That said, I think I've got a lush (does anyone else ever use that word these days?) pre-sunrise shot I can use <D

If you didn't win with it (can't remember if you did) then you can reuse pictures again I believe.

As to "lush"...no...and it reminds me of Gavin and Stacey :P

willig

I thought I'd choose this subject to give as many people as possible a chance of entering. Also, no-one can say I entered any of my "nostalgia" shots like the one at OOC.
Mind you, I have some tasty 185 shots too, so I hope this will be a real challenge, attracting some high quality stuff. Remember what I've said before: Rule of thirds composition, properly exposed, keep it level.
527 should be a good 'un.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If you didn't win with it (can't remember if you did) then you can reuse pictures again I believe.

As to "lush"...no...and it reminds me of Gavin and Stacey :P

No I didn't, but some people have good and long memories, so will remember whose shot it is and I'll have possibly wasted my time entering it. Besides, I think I've got better. We'll soon see though.

Never watched Gavin and Stacey, my closest interaction with that is seeing too many times the poster for the DVD of it at Newport many moons ago. I've no interest in that programme, hopefully it never comes back! So I've no idea where I picked the word up from!

EDIT: Phew, found the photo I was looking for. Entered it, although I did nearly change my mind. This one's better than a standard three-quarter profile shot though I reckon!

Last edited:

Prodigy

I thought I'd choose this subject to give as many people as possible a chance of entering. Also, no-one can say I entered any of my "nostalgia" shots like the one at OOC.
Mind you, I have some tasty 185 shots too, so I hope this will be a real challenge, attracting some high quality stuff. Remember what I've said before: Rule of thirds composition, properly exposed, keep it level.
527 should be a good 'un.
Techie photography terms are not my strong subject...expand :P

Prodigy

Hope I can wake up early tomorrow, be cool to get a nice sun rise shot

willig

If you like, you can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address, you can then send me the file and I'll resize it for you. I've already sent mine in

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I hope we get some sun in Mossley tomorrow, damn weather is ruining my chances of getting a good shot!

Best not to say stuff like that, it makes your entry obvious.

I bet the winner will be one either emerging from Standedge or Dore Tunnels...

David

Established Member
Best not to say stuff like that, it makes your entry obvious.

I bet the winner will be one either emerging from Standedge or Dore Tunnels...

I tried that photo the other week, I have had to enter something else this week ;)

Crossover

Established Member
Entered mine last night and let's see if I can buck the trend you've put forward MattE2010 :P

Crossover

Established Member
Is sellis89's statement correct? If so, couldn't you enter it again?

It isn't in the rules but I'm sure I have read it somewhere that a photo can be re-entered as long as it hasn't won previously and isn't currently your avatar...Jordy may be able to clarify this though?

Stephen, you do know that I have to beat you.

I don't mind someone else winner but I just have to beat you :)

Ah, a good old bit of friendly rivalry...bring it on and let's see what happens :D

willig

I love all the enthusiasm (and friendly rivalry) that this subject has produced. That's exactly why I picked it. I can't wait to see the entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.