• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 535 (Railwaymen/Women) :: Voting

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 10 21.3%

• -

Votes: 14 29.8%

• -

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
12, absolutely no question! :D

Some alternative shots this week though, good to see!

sprinterguy

Established Member
It'll be a choice out of 1, 5 or 15 for me, though with no ill will towards all the other contenders, those were just the three that most stood out and appealed to me.

I love the level of animation and the sense of human interaction that number 1 manages to convey!

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Well, 12 definitely wins on the "pretty girls" front....

Quite a few really fine pics there, I really like no 8, but I think 15 has my vote.

HST Power

Established Member
The railway side of me says I should vote for 16....

....but who cares about the railway anyway, I'm going for 12! :lol:

wensley

Established Member
A tough one...I reckon its between 1, 12 and 17.
...hard as it is to move away from 12...I'm going to go with 17 :D
And I must get myself on railtours where the crew look like that!

Bittern

Established Member
No 12 turns my stomach. Not because of the people who are in it, but because of pictures like it in general. the use of sex "appeal" is absolutely disgusting.

That said, no. 19 gets it.

willig

If no.12 wins, it will clearly be for all the wrong reasons. Bit of fun, or not, I thought this was a photographic competition, not a glamour gallery.

I'm sorry, but if it wins, then that's it for me. I shan't be contributing any more photos to these competitions!

(Some may say that's no bad thing and good riddance.!

No 12 turns my stomach. Not because of the people who are in it, but because of pictures like it in general. the use of sex "appeal" is absolutely disgusting.

I can only agree. Perhaps some people here need to consider their sense of morals.

HST Power

Established Member
This isn't the place to discuss such affairs (as has been stated already) but at the end of the day, it's just a bit of fun. Whilst No.12 may not be to the liking of certain members, I am sure that if the Moderating Team had deemed it inappropriate they would not have allowed such a photo to be displayed for the voting. How often do we see such photos anyway? It's not as if this happens on a common base. Come next week, we'll have another comp, and another set of photographs (no doubt another good set at that). The quality of the entries is always of a very high standard, and I very much enjoy seeing the efforts of my fellow forum members. It would be a shame, and silly, to see people disappear because of one photo. Seriously now, where's the logic in that?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I agree, if we had one every week, it would be wrong, but this is the first time since I began voting last year that I have ever seen such a shot.

Next week we'll be back to Class 220s, semaphore signalling and Deltics, why throw a hissy fit over one photo in thousands that we have had previously?

Why throw a hissy fit over one photo in thousands that we have had previously?

Because it is completely immoral. Perhaps some people here don't realise that a female member has already viewed this thread, and indeed posted her feelings, with which I can only agree.

But yes, I suppose this isn't the place.

(...many members suddenly appear)

Last edited:

HST Power

Established Member
The bottom line is simple. If it was wrong, the Mods would not have allowed it. They have, and that's the end of it.

willig

I don't actually have a problem with the photograph. Provided the people shown are railwaywomen, (BTW, I don't consider WCRC office staff being brought out to add glamour to the railtour proceedings as railwaywomen, this was not in the spirit of the subject that I set for this comp)then it qualifies for entry and is entitled to be included.

My concern is with the feeding frenzy of posters who are pledging their votes to it. It is not the best photo entered and it strikes me that you can almost hear the immature slobbering when you read some of these posts in favour of it.

If it wins, it demonstrates that voting on these comps is not for the quality of the photo. If that is the case, I see no point in my entering any more. So, I repeat, if no. 12 wins, I'm off.

Bittern

Established Member
Do I lie? News to me.

The bottom line is simple. If it was wrong, the Mods would not have allowed it. They have, and that's the end of it.

People expressed their, um, "fondness" of it, so surely we can express our distaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.