• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 535 (Railwaymen/Women) :: Voting

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 10 21.3%

• -

Votes: 14 29.8%

• -

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Yes, not really up for discussion - I would lock the thread but that'll close the poll, but if people start arguing I will, and the competition will be cancelled. Please be sensible - thats all i'm asking.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yes, not really up for discussion - I would lock the thread but that'll close the poll, but if people start arguing I will, and the competition will be cancelled. Please be sensible - thats all i'm asking.

sorry :oops: probably my fault, apologies

Jordy

Established Member
The entrant of picture 12 has asked for it to be removed due to the controversy. Anyone who voted for it and wants their vote re-cast can PM me.

Swiss Toni

Its a bit of fun theres some touchy folk about :(
Exactly!
If it wins, it demonstrates that voting on these comps is not for the quality of the photo. If that is the case, I see no point in my entering any more. So, I repeat, if no. 12 wins, I'm off.
Your idea of quality might not be the same as someone else. If it wins then it wins because a lot of people disagree with you, which is something you might like to take on board.

This isn't the "Renaissance Photography Prize" it's a bit of fun on "Rail UK" and if you don't like it then don't enter, but spare us the hissy fit and the childish dummy spitting!
dummyspit.gif

willig

I have concluded, following the negative comments and snide remarks on this and another thread towards me, that the evidence from the posters demonstrates that I am obviously in the wrong place in the Rail UK POTW competitions.

Therefore, I'll give you all a treat and leave forthwith. Will the mods please remove my entry, no. 15, from the comp and withdraw my entry for the next one. As I have already alluded to, I shall submit no more entries.

If anyone is interested in seeing my class 47 entry, it is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/graham_williams/5354059915/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Goodbye and good luck.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
willig, I was then going through the gallery, your photo was the one I was going to vote for, the look on the signalmans face as he walks along the four foot, the Depth of Field, the train slightly blured. I then opened the thread and saw this post.

Its a shame I really do feel that people feel that they are not welcome into the forum, I am sorry to hear that you feel such way.

transportphoto.

Jordy

Established Member
Ok, sorry to hear that willig.

However, this whole "withdrawing" of photos causes some fairly big headaches, so I will be introducing a new rule that states photos cannot be withdrawn once entered, this will apply to all entries from now on.

EltonRoad

willig has done the POTW equivalent of cancelling his subscription to Private Eye.

I would like to see him back, with his excellent photos.

Teaboy1

All rather spoilt by a few mardy types ........... anyway recast mine to #10 now, I do like the long shot and the human angle with all concerned ........ its almost like you are there with the camera !! ..... plus it can be done any weekend .... Great!

HST Power

Established Member
With the sudden change in events I have had my vote recast for Number 16.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Congratulations to eastwestdivide who is this week's winner:

thumb_85-9-32.jpg

01 - Matt Taylor
02 - 90019
03 - Grantham
04 - Teaboy1
05 - eastwestdivide
06 - curly42