• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 547 :: Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Does this mean taken from a bridge or photo including a bridge? Or is it open to interpretation (though I suspect it is the latter)?

curly42

As long as there's a bridge (or part of) in the shot,that's fine. I would say that to make life easy we count a viaduct as a bridge,as the dictionary definition for each of them seems to be pretty much the same.

Grantham

As long as there's a bridge (or part of) in the shot,that's fine. I would say that to make life easy we count a viaduct as a bridge,as the dictionary definition for each of them seems to be pretty much the same.

Dare I say a viaduct is a type of bridge, and fulfills the purpose of the bridge!

M

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Hope all the entries aren't of Ribblehead then...
Hmm, now there's a possible theme for a future competition: a single iconic location.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Hope all the entries aren't of Ribblehead then...
Hmm, now there's a possible theme for a future competition: a single iconic location.
Probably more likely to be lots of entries of Glenfinnan!

A competition based on a single iconic location would limit the field and restrict the number of possible entrants just a tad.

curly42

Good theme,but I have a feeling that some peoples idea of an iconic location may well be a little,shall we say,"questionable". :roll:

Ivo

Established Member
Bridges sounds like a good theme with plenty of scope! I only wish the Severn Bridge had a railway on it :(

I like the idea of an "Iconic Locations" theme as well, although I have not gone as far as to sleect it for my theme should I win this week. And given my all-time best is joint 3rd, that doesn't seem likely to change any time soon :roll:

I have entered, although I wish I had the opportunity to take a slightly better photo, the one I have uploaded does fit the bill though, I did have a better one in mind but alas, it didn't happen. I am still happy with my entry though! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.