• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 620 (Lucky 7) :: Voting

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 13.5%

Votes: 1 2.7%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

curly42

What a wonderful mixed bag of shots - just what I was hoping for when I set the theme.
Now,to select just one of them.....mm.

Pumbaa

Established Member
3, 6, 16 and 19 are all highly commended. I don't often like steam, or Wales for that matter, but this week I shall make an exception ;)

Ivo

Established Member
I wanted to see something in which the 7 is truly prominent (though not necessarily because it is large). For this reason, I am interested in #3, #5, #9 and #11.

Of those four, #5 features a series of 7s, which make them stand out very well, but sadly the shot itself is not the best so I feel that I can't vote it (if more of the train was in view, but the 7s were still obvious, it would have been my choice); #11 has a very prominent 7 but again the shot isn't the best. That leaves #3 and #9; I shall pick #9 because it is a more interesting shot in my opinion and features a 7 in a style that we are not used to on this side of the Pond. (That, and I tend to prefer metro etc pictures where applicable anyway.)

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Number 19 for me this week, quite a pleasant shot. There's some variety in there though, very good to see.

HST Power

Established Member
Loads of great stuff this week. I'm not really into steam but I'm still going to go for 19. Wonderful shot.

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to Swiss Toni

thumb__MG_8072.jpg

01 - Grantham
02 - Kingston Flyer
03 - zoro
04 - deltic1989
05 - eastwestdivide
06 - TGV
07 - Harry47818
08 - EltonRoad
09 - NY Yankee
10 - TukayAway
11 - AdamW
12 - curly42
13 - stuartmoss
14 - Temple Meads
15 - scoope
16 - Buffer68
17 - Crossover
18 - MattE2010
19 - Swiss Toni

NY Yankee

It's hard to win these competitions. I'm at a disadvantage since there are train lines that use steam engines practically every 5 kilometers in England. In America, the only steam engines are in railroad museums.

Ivo

Established Member
It's hard to win these competitions. I'm at a disadvantage since there are train lines that use steam engines practically every 5 kilometers in England. In America, the only steam engines are in railroad museums.

Welcome to the Bad Losers club :p (not really)

In 28 months I must have accumulated about 15 votes. And my all-time best is Joint 3rd (out of 6 :(). As a result I used to complain every week! It got to the point where Jordy specifically told me to stop asking why I was constantly scoring zero!

Seriously though, there are some excellent photographers on here. You have to wonder why some of them - Swiss Toni, EltonRoad, eastwestdivide, curly42 and others - aren't professional photographers...

Oh, and I voted for your shot in this competition :)

Temple Meads

Established Member
Seriously though, there are some excellent photographers on here. You have to wonder why some of them - Swiss Toni, EltonRoad, eastwestdivide, curly42 and others - aren't professional photographers...

Oi, you forgot me :P

A deserved winner this week, I honestly thought my pic did deserve one vote at least though, despite the lack of a 7, though I probably only think that 'cos it's my pic!

Grantham

I just enjoy just putting a picture in, I'm not much of a photographer. I'm happy even if I get only one vote...it means somebody liked my photo! ;)

Both of us are submitting foreign train photos too, anything that isn't local content is probably harder to relate to the subject compared to the locals.

Mick

eastwestdivide

Established Member

Where's that blushing smiley face icon?
Thanks for the compliment, but you should see all my reject photos before passing judgement! This week's wasn't even sharp (hand-held after dark I think), but I couldn't resist the four sevens.
By way of encouragement, the kit I use is nowhere near top quality, my current SLR is only 6MP, and my older film cameras (as in the 7777 photo) were the cheapest Minolta SLRs available at the time, so it's not about the equipment, and all about finding out how it works and a bit of imagination.

CC 72100

Established Member
I feel gutted that I didn't pick up a single vote :cry:

Only joking, it was a jammy attempt <D Well done to the winner, although as usual some very good entries :D

Established Member
I feel gutted that I didn't pick up a single vote :cry:

Only joking, it was a jammy attempt <D Well done to the winner, although as usual some very good entries :D

what number was yours or are we not allowed to dicuss it ?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
what number was yours or are we not allowed to dicuss it ?

You can discuss it freely after the winner has been announced, but during the actual voting you can't imply or discuss which one yours or someone else's is.

Status
Not open for further replies.