• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 622 (Under the bridge) :: Voting

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 13.5%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 13 35.1%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 1 2.7%

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
10 (will vote when polls open) :p

edit: done and yeah I know it was because I was too quick :oops:

Last edited:

Jordy

Established Member
It's there now, you actually managed to post before I had finished writing the numbers in the poll!

Ivo

Established Member
I was not at all confident about this one, and it got worse when I accidentally sbmitted my entry with no additional information! (Thank you to Jordy for sorting that problem.) Now though, I think I might just manage at least a Top 3! :D

As for my choice? It would be #8 - but technically it's seen through a bridge and not under it, because it was effectively taken a few seconds too early. Given I don't feel I can choose it as a result, #15 wins on account of matching the criterion twice.

It's there now, you actually managed to post before I had finished writing the numbers in the poll!

That's a new one :shock:

NY Yankee

I'm not commenting on which one I submitted, but I doubt I'll win this competition. Where's the bridge in 2? 8 and 10 are excellent pictures. 15 is an honourable mention.

atomicdanny

I'm not commenting on which one I submitted, but I doubt I'll win this competition. Where's the bridge in 2? 8 and 10 are excellent pictures. 15 is an honourable mention.

I can see a bridge in 2? well something that looks like one at least :)

VTPreston_Tez

A couple of photos looked really good, a mix of old and modern. I chose the one that mixed old and modern and had effects without even editing so I hope it wins.
10 also deserves an honorable mention though, I bet it might have the chance to win.
Also, what's going on in 9? I find the train really small but a good angle at the same time, so it's like marmite.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Congratulations to EltonRoad.

thumb_POTW_002~4.JPG

01 - NY Yankee
02 - Grantham
03 - Kingston Flyer
04 - ollieb
05 - K9-70
06 - Wikipedia
07 - stuartmoss
08 - EltonRoad
09 - Temple Meads
10 - Ivo
11 - curly42
12 - Loco Fitter
13 - Meridian richard
14 - MattE2010
15 - Simon Poole
16 - Crossover

Crossover

Established Member
Well done EltonRoad.

Thanks also to the two people who voted for mine :)

Btw Ivo, in yours, how on earth is that half arch supported? :shock:

Ivo

Established Member
3rd with four votes matches my best performance in POTW, although the first time I came joint 3rd out of a field of six so I would say this is better, especially considering I didn't think it was very good - 'twas just a good match for the criterion. So thank you to the four people that voted for me.

Well done to EltonRoad, once again. How many more will you win in 2012? :lol:

How the Hell should I know? Ask the (Northern) Irish, not me.

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
How the Hell should I know? Ask the (Northern) Irish, not me.

I just expected you to know :P

On first look, it looks like 2 images put together...it is a rather odd effect it creates! The sort of effect that would have been possible on film cameras when the film got stuck.

PS I know you took it like this, just to clarify :)

NY Yankee

I need to visit a railroad museum in Connecticut since it seems like pictures of steam engines win 99.9% of the time.

K9-70

Well done EltonRoad.

Thanks also to the two people who voted for mine :)

It's not as it looks. It's two seperate tunnels with the Blackstaff Rd/Donegall Rd crossing above at roughly 45 degree angle.

Ivo was standing on the footbridge looking towards Central Junction, that leads to Great Victoria Street station.

The train in the photo is the 14:57pm Bangor to Portadown local service calling at every "hole in the hedge" finally arriving at Portadown at 16:30pm

Ivo

Established Member
Ivo was standing on the footbridge looking towards Central Junction, that leads to Great Victoria Street station.

The train in the photo is the 14:57pm Bangor to Portadown local service calling at every "hole in the hedge" finally arriving at Portadown at 16:30pm

I don't actually know if this is true or not so I'll just go along with it :p

K9-70

I don't actually know if this is true or not so I'll just go along with it :p

If you right click your photo, the date and time the photo was made was on the 15/05/2011 @ 15:34pm. Translink's train times rarely change, so checking it against the 2012 time-table, I was able to work out what service the train was working.

On the left of the photo, (out of view) you have Belfast City Hospital.

Centre of photo, the tall square building above the bridge is the Royal Victoria Hospital, located at Broadway/Falls Road.

On the right of the photo, you have the Blackstaff Rd/Donegal Rd. The footbridge the photo was made from, is a direct link from the Blackstaff Rd/Donegall Rd to the Belfast City Hospital.

The Blackstaff Rd, was the original name for the Donegal Rd, as shown on my 1872 street map for the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.