• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 623 :: Funny signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NY Yankee

This is the first competition that I have a legitimate chance of winning. There are a myriad of funny signs in the NYC subway.

Ivo

Established Member
Are we allowed signs that have been defaced or similar to appear funny? And are there any restrictions on what and where these signs may be, for example are posters in trains permitted (I assume not in this instance)?

mp01

Are we allowed signs that have been defaced or similar to appear funny? And are there any restrictions on what and where these signs may be, for example are posters in trains permitted (I assume not in this instance)?

Yes definitely the former. My intention was for anything that was funny, either because it was quirkily/humourously/poorly written or subsequently adapted, or because its context makes it funny etc eg a stopped train next to a sign that says "trains do not stop here".

I was imagining any kind of instructional sign ranging from traditional metal, through to short-term hand-written signs on bits of paper, on any kind of railway property including trains. But not advertising posters etc.

Hope that helps.

VTPreston_Tez

On my trip to Chester tomorrow I'll take a look in Warrington and Chester (timing's lax on the return, but tbh I don't even know where I change so wherever I do I'll look for a funny sign ;))

Jordy

Established Member
Just a reminder that all entries have to be railway related (this applies to every competition).

Status
Not open for further replies.