• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 628 (Trains at speed) :: Voting

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 3 7.3%

Votes: 5 12.2%

Votes: 17 41.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
How bizarre! I came across number 4 quite by accident a few days ago in an unrelated Google search, and immediately thought that it would make a superb entry for this photo competition, if it's author was a member on this forum. So that is where my vote lies.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Very few actually give any impression of speed. Of the remainder, many have simply blurred the subject. 4 stands out for me.

Ivo

Established Member
#3, #4 and #13 stand out for me; I have selected #13 because it has a good combination of the train appearing fast and also looking fast in comparison to everything around it (#3 and #4 achieve only one or the other).

Otherwise, I think next time a speed-related subject comes along, someone might have to suggest that entries must clearly show speed. Without meaning to offend the members involved (obviously I don't know their identities at this stage so such offence would be anonymously-aimed anyway), some of them such as #5 look like the train has actually stopped and it's only when you look at the caption that you learn otherwise.

freelander

speed can be veiwed in two ways the subject is focused and the background is out of focus or the background is focused and the subject shows that it is moving, ether way they show signs of speed, as the rules state it does not have to be of a train
as most comments have been made 3,4,and 13 stand out
freelander.

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to curly42

thumb_scotrail47.jpg

01 - TukayAway
02 - eastwestdivide
03 - freelander
04 - curly42
05 - TheJRB
06 - K9-70
07 - Wikipedia
08 - 4468
09 - Grantham
10 - Crossover
11 - TGV
12 - EltonRoad
13 - Swiss Toni

TheJRB

Established Member
I agree about the winning shot. Great sense of speed and a great photo too.

Otherwise, I think next time a speed-related subject comes along, someone might have to suggest that entries must clearly show speed. Without meaning to offend the members involved (obviously I don't know their identities at this stage so such offence would be anonymously-aimed anyway), some of them such as #5 look like the train has actually stopped and it's only when you look at the caption that you learn otherwise.
Having now been identified, I must say that I totally agree with you. Retrospectively, I have no idea why I chose that photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.