• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 922 :: South West Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Only one entry this week so curly42 is automatically declared the winner.

thumb_158884.jpg

curly42

A hollow victory,it has to be said.It's a real shame that the competition has become so hit and miss - in the last few weeks even the people who have suggested the next theme haven't sent entries in.
Pretty surprising in an era when almost everyone carries some sort of photographic device.I've said it before,and I still hold it true - the competition is fun because you always stand a chance of your picture,taken on your "many thousands of pounds equipment",being beaten by something taken on a cheap mobile phone.In fact I know of a couple of people who stopped taking part because they couldn't stand the embarrassment of that happening !!
So,come on people,get those pictures sent in.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I try most weeks but most of the pictures I want to upload are too big.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Perhaps the competition needs a "hoilday" ? The number of people voting is now usually less than 20. Or maybe there should be no "set subject", just a (? monthly ) "open subject" competition ?

Also, for practical reasons, a "TOC specific" topic may not attract a lot of entries from those of us living a long way from their operating area. It is a long while since I entered any of the competitions - too little time, too many other things to do - even my own website is a bit neglected.....

I try to vote most weeks, although there have been occasions where I abstained because I did not particularly like any of the entries.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
It would be a shame to lose it altogether; I do enjoy it a lot, although have not entered up to this point (not having many good photos available being a good reason for this ;) ).

theblackwatch

Established Member
We will be looking at re-vamping the competition later in the year. It's been going for 9 years now so we've had a lot of competitions which means we must have almost exhausted every mainstream subject! In the meantime, Competition 923 is now open (sorry for the delay), so get in your pictures of Class 68s - there should be plenty of pictures out there, with daily passenger workings on Chiltern and ScotRail, plus other DRS workings all over the place.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
A different upload system would be nice so I don't have to keep e-mailing them to Jordy!

I haven't entered a lot, mainly as I either miss the categories, a couple of times by E-mailing them the day before and not making it in time, or not got any of the categories, such as Type 1 and 2's. Not been photting for that long and, besides, if Curly enter's then I have no hope :tongue: :lol:!

A video competition I could also enter though if a side competition was done

Jordy

Established Member
The technical problems we have with the Coppermine gallery haven't exactly helped the competition to flourish recently, and as theblackwatch says we will be looking to revamp things in the near future, watch this space...

Status
Not open for further replies.