• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can reveal it's a 3-horse race between FGWFan, Laverack2 and Jordy.

I am waiting for the final judge's report before releasing an overall winner.

The winner will have a few days to confirm if they are able to take up the offer of a discounted ticket to Inverness for the Highland Chieftain Forum Meet this Summer.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
To make it as fair as possible I got 7 people to judge.

The files were anonymous until after I got their results in (e.g. Candidate1, Candidate2, etc).

The average scores are as follows:

Laverack2 8.57
Jordy 8.00
FGW Fan 7.71
1288gaje 5.72
Gareth Hale 5.71

1288gaje automatically lost 3 points for all judges because he submitted an announcement to Penzance, and there were 3 points for getting the correct stations.

Thanks to all who took part and judged.

Laverack2 has until Friday to confirm if he can accept his prize which is £10 off the Highland Chieftain Trip in August, for only £20.

Congratulations! :)

jd

By the way, for the benefit of the judges, I thought I'd best post the candidate numbers:

Candidate 1 Gareth Hale
Candidate 2 1288gaje
Candidate 3 FGW Fan
Candidate 4 Max Laverack
Candidate 5 Jordy

('cos I don't know them by name - lol)

Jim

Established Member
Well done Laverack 2. I must say it was very close (mine was anyway) Time for a second round!:D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aw...If I'd known it was a £20 trip for the grabs, I'd have tried better...

I reckon my Newcastle CENTRAL let me down...

Still, no good being a sore loser, congratulations to Laverack2. If you don't take it, I will! Same goes to Jordy...Congratulations both of you.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A few words of advice!

For people making competitions with prizes: Be warned people will ask for alternative prizes. :!:

For people claiming prizes: It's polite not to ask for alternative prizes if you cannot claim the prize.

On this occasion as an act of good faith, I will give an alternative prize. :)

However I don't want to put any pressure on people making such offers in future: you shouldn't ask or expect for an alternative prize from the person making the offer ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
1288gaje said:
Chaz said:
1288gaje was good pity he did the wrong voice. :lol:
huh!?
i did it realistically!! :)
Well, it was very realistic for a Southern announcement, but it's not that realistic for the announcements at King's Cross.

Anyway I think Chaz meant to say the wrong destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.