• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Complete] Bog standard Railway Quiz, Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
Title says it all. No prizes.

1. The Great Bear, GWR loco, Britain's first 'Pacific' (5,4) - Jonathan
2. Daisy Hill, station between Manchester and Wigan (5) - Tomnick
3. Duchess of Rutland, No 46228 (7) - The Gricer
4. Tintern Abbey, 'Castle' No 5087 (7) - The Gricer
5. Snow Hill, the GWR's main Birmingham Station (4) - Jonathan
6. 'Britannia' No 70003 (4,6) Jon Bunyan - The Gricer
7. Kensington Addison Road, station that became Kensington Olympia in 1946 (7) Sprinter
8. Word preceding Pilot and Command on two 'Battle of Britain' 'Pacifics' (7) Fighter - The Gricer
9. 'A2/3' No 60529 (5,5) Pearl Diver - The Gricer
10. D1, for example (4) Peak - The Gricer
11. GWR 'Hall' No 4973, associated with George Carter and Jack Regan? (7) Sweeney - The Gricer
12. City that had High Street, Riverside, St Thomas and Victoria stations (7) Swansea - Tomnick
13. 'B1' No. 61001 (5) Eland - The Gricer
14. Llandudno Junction, station for the Blaenau Ffestiniog line (9) - Jonathan

Part two will appear when all correct answers have been revealed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Gricer

3: Duchess of Rutland

4: Tintern Abbey

6: John Bunyan

8: Fighter

9: Pearl Diver

10: Peak

11: Sweeney Hall

13: Eland

Frank

Met Driver

Established Member
The Gricer said:
3: Duchess of Rutland

4: Tintern Abbey

6: John Bunyan

8: Fighter

9: Pearl Diver

10: Peak

11: Sweeney Hall

13: Eland

All correct.

Met Driver

Established Member
Correct!

I'll type up part two later on. I must admit I'm surprised Mr FGWFan didn't get that last one!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Mr FGWFan was busy! I've only just (2 minutes ago!) seen this quiz! The Games section of this forum is commonly skipped by me, as it is of little relevance for myself, as I would prefer to read, say, an opinion on the latest VT operation change. Or post an opinion/response to opinion myself.

Yesterday, as is revealed elsewhere, I was away on a Brum and Leicester trip Tuesday night I was working, same for Monday. Hence, including the reason above, I did not guess at question 12, or the rest of this quiz. I daresay I won't on the next part, whenever that is done either, again for the first reason listed, as well as the fact I shall inevitably be busy working, eating, drinking, resting, watching TV/DVD/videos, sleeping, commuting or spotting.

Still, I'd wager no-one could say where Swansea Riverside, Victoria or St. Thomas were! In fact, now you mention it, I've got some more coding to do...

Met Driver

Established Member
I wasn't suggesting you were under any obligation to answer the question! I only thought that you might have done, seeing as you reside in South Wales and might therefore know the history of Swansea's stations more than others.

Slight mis-interpretation of my post I think, however if you were somehow offended by it I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.