• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(complete) c2c stations quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

Which two stations on the c2c network still have Network South East style station name boards (as opposed to the c2c purple and pink station name boards)?

1. East Tilbury (heart-of-wessex)
2. Benfleet (jonb)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

heart-of-wessex said:
one being Barking..

Now why did I predict someone saying Barking as an answer! Barking has recently gained the c2c purple and pink station name signsbut only on the platforms on which c2c trains call i.e 3,4,7 and 8.

Platforms 1, 1A, 2, 3 and 6 do still retain the NSE style signs but this is because these platforms are the responsibility of other operators (i.e Silverlink and LU), even though the station as a whole is smanaged by c2c!

so i'm afraid Barking does have c2c style name boards!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does Pitsea still have them?

Sprinter

You are all still completely WRONG with your guesses.

Fenchurch Street is managed by National Rail, hence has the NR maroon Fenchurch Street scheme and since when has a c2c train called at Woodgrange Park? That's a NLL station!

Sprinter

CORRECT! East Tilbury is indeed one of the stations on the c2c network to retain NSE sytle station signs

Dagenham Dock, Rainham and Chafford 100 all have c2c style name boards.

So what is the other station that retain NSE station name boards?

Sprinter

All those stations have c2c style station name boards...

Should be easy now, you have collectively eliminated the majority of stations on the c2c network!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well it's not Westcliff, as that's had new signs from when it was still called LTS :lol:

Sprinter

jonb said:
...Benfleet....

At last!!! Benfleet (for Canvey Island) is the second station on the c2c network that still retains NSE stations name boards.

This quiz took much longer than I thought it would! Doesn't anyone use the c2c network beyond Dagenham Dock...?

Quiz complete

jonb

Established Member
This quiz took much longer than I thought it would! Doesn't anyone use the c2c network beyond Dagenham Dock...?

I use it mainly between West Ham & Dagenham Dock and also a lot between Upminster & Chafford Hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.