• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(complete) London Underground quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

--Bus 183 from Harrow-on-the Hill to Pinner
--Metropolitan line to Finchley Road
--Jubilee line to Baker Street
--Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus
--Victoria Line to Stockwell
--Northern Line to Clapham North
--Northern Line to Borough
--Bus 343 to Elephant
--Journey ends

So the question is, why did I do the above journey in the way I did? There is a logical answer to this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

This question is not connected to any recent trips/meets and teh journey can be done on any day of the week (except when engineering works affects the lines concerned)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No idea. For a start, you double-backed between Harrow and Pinner. :?

Dennis

Established Member
You could of just got the Bakerloo!?

Did you do it to because the Bakerloo was shut?

Dave A

Shoot me if I'm wrong, but this journey would have been made on the 19th or 20th of this month because the Circle & District Lines were closed/had engineering works? :)

Sprinter

Nothing to do with any London Underground line being closed either (as I could of done this journey on a Mon-Fri even with the Circle open)

Taking the Bakeroo line direct to Elephant is no good either as all stations south of Oxford Circus have stairs! (that's a big clue)

Jim

Established Member
You are in a weelchair or something so you can't do stairs?

Sprinter

Jim said:
You are in a weelchair or something so you can't do stairs?

Correct! I am in a wheelchair or are helping someone in a wheelchair. Therefore since HOTH only has stairs to the platforms I have to take a bus to the nearest accessible station (i.e. Pinner) in order to gain access to the system (even though this means doubling back through HOTH on the train!).

Then I have to cross-platform connect with the Jubillee line to get to Baker Street (can't reach teh Bakerloo line platforms from the Met without stairs). At Baker Street I cross platform interchange again to the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, another cross-platform interchange to take the Victoria Line to Stockwell.

However the southbound Victoria Line at Stockwell only has acceesible interchange with the southbound Northern line, but I wish to go north. Hence I have to catch a southbound train and cross platform interchange with a northbound train at Clapham North to go to Borough and then exit the station to catch a bus back to the Elephant (as I cannot exit at Elephant without using stairs/escalators)!

Status
Not open for further replies.