• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Complimentary Newspapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkbonny

Thought about that thread where it was discussed (at length!) about whether it was okay for standard passengers to "steal" them.

I'm on a First Class jolly to Blackpool today and of course no sight nor sound of one - and hasn't been for fifteen months and more. Yet all that while Metros have been freely available I believe.

Shouldn't complain. I did this same trip in April. Got given a yoghurt and a croissant on the way up and some spreading cheese with a cracker on the way back. I supplied my own alcohol.

Remains to be seen what today might bring, but I do believe First Class is unlikely to return to what it was. :'(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blinkbonny

Yup, sure enough, on way home the now customary spreading cheese and four crackers. Top notch catering!

Meanwhile First Class carriage and a half slowly fills up, including obligatory idiot on permanent phone call.

In search of space and silence l move down a carriage. One person sitting alone in Standard Premium!

Brief panic that my First Class ticket may not be valid for it !

Who knows?

Trackman

Established Member
Thought about that thread where it was discussed (at length!) about whether it was okay for standard passengers to "steal" them.
They have been gone for ages as you say.
Also standard passengers would need to find the 'hiding place' for them, which isn't easy.
Last time I looked it was filled with placemats.

Status
Not open for further replies.