• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Comprehensive list of all new stock on order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseley man

My apologies if this appears elsewhere but is there anywhere with a complete list of all new stock on order or in the process of being delivered now?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mordac

Established Member
Thank you for this list. Please do you mind explaining your colour coding?

Yellow means they've partially started revenue services, but haven't been fully delivered yet. Orange means they've started delivery, but aren't yet on revenue services. Will add a green when a class is fully delivered. :D

D365

Veteran Member
Yellow means they've partially started revenue services, but haven't been fully delivered yet. Orange means they've started delivery, but aren't yet on revenue services. Will add a green when a class is fully delivered. :D

How about splitting column E into columns for "Units under construction/testing" and "Units in service"? I might be able help out with the Class 387 as I've been keeping tabs on that.

Harbornite

Established Member
Thanks for that, the only omission I've noticed are the class 88s but it doesn't really matter because the list is already very thorough.

Quite cool that you can see it being updated! Reminds me of my shared onedrive word documents- happy days!

Last edited:

Mordac

Established Member
How about splitting column E into columns for "Units under construction/testing" and "Units in service"? I might be able help out with the Class 387 as I've been keeping tabs on that.

I'll do better than that. I just added two columns, one for delivered units, and one for units in service. Now would like the missing numbers from anyone in the know!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I hadn't been including Locos, but not that hard to add... :P

Harbornite

Established Member
And the TPE sub-leased Class 68s?

They're being added it seems.

Speaking of which, thanks to Mordac for updating the list!

Just thought of another order that has really gone under the radar: the additional Class 70s for Colas rail freight.

Last edited:

Broseley man

Again, thank you for the explanation of the colours. When you have updated will you send it out please?

Mordac

Established Member
Just thought of another order that has really gone under the radar: the additional Class 70s for Colas rail freight.

And this is why I didn't want to add locos. <(

First time I'm hearing about this. If you post the details, I'll add it though.

Again, thank you for the explanation of the colours. When you have updated will you send it out please?
No worries. I've been updating it with people's suggestions, but the link remains the same, so just click it and you'll see it as it stands.

Harbornite

Established Member

xc170

Just looking at the Northern DMU order...

Do we never learn, why was ordering 2 car units even an option?

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
So you can mix formations 2+2, 2+3, etc...

And it enables potential future cascades to rural routes.

I'm not sure many ROSCOs would bet on having a route for 4 car diesel units in 20 years time!

Mordac

Established Member
It's odd, I dunno if it's just me but it doesn't seem to have been reported much anywhere and I'd forgotten about it until the other day. According to Abrail there are 7 locomotives, 70811- 817 and are all due in 2017.

More info here:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106870-colas-to-buy-more-class-70-locos/

Okay, I finally got around to adding these.

Can someone update me on the state of the 374 orders for Eurostar? I really struggle to understand the numbering system for these trains, which doesn't make it easier, plus up to date info seems hard to come by.

pemma

Veteran Member
And it enables potential future cascades to rural routes.

I'm not sure many ROSCOs would bet on having a route for 4 car diesel units in 20 years time!

Indeed. Even if it's envisaged there might be a need for some 4 car workings on rural non-electrified lines 20 years down the line, I doubt many routes would need 4+ cars on most services.

However, why Arriva decided to order 2 car DMUs without corridor connections when they actually intend to use formations of between 2 and 5 cars is less clear. Saving money seems to be the most logical explanation.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Would have been ideal to have corridor connections yes.

Probably issue was more driver preference for full width cabs over half size though. A common complaint is the gangway obscuring view and the 380's connections were modified after delivery to increase drivers visibility.

Last edited:

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
However, why Arriva decided to order 2 car DMUs without corridor connections when they actually intend to use formations of between 2 and 5 cars is less clear. Saving money seems to be the most logical explanation.

Would have been ideal to have corridor connections yes.
Probably issue was more driver preference for full width cabs over half size though. A common complaint is the gangway obscuring view and the 380's connections were modified after delivery to increase drivers visibility.

With all the high-tech stuff now in cabs, and all the safety protection, it must weaken the economics of 2-car operation.
You don't see gangway doors in new mainline stock abroad, and it would be yet another unique GB requirement.
Maybe the 387 will be the last GB gangwayed units?
Personally I think the full-width units are more handsome and must be more pleasant and practical to drive.

I'm sure Northern and Eversholt will have options with CAF for extending 2-cars DMUs to 3-car, but the option won't last for ever.
The 175s are hobbled by the mix of 2-car and 3-car units, with no possibility of reconfiguring the fleet.
At least Abellio has gone for a minimum 3-car EDMU with Stadler.

On Moderation
Okay, I finally got around to adding these.

Can someone update me on the state of the 374 orders for Eurostar? I really struggle to understand the numbering system for these trains, which doesn't make it easier, plus up to date info seems hard to come by.

The first batch of 10 full sets (half sets 374001-020) have been delivered and most accepted - might be one or two still on test.

The second batch of 7 sets (half sets 374021-034) have just started delivery from Siemens - 374021/022 has been delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.