• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor assesment day FSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameronw89

Hi, not heard anything yet Sandy. My guess is they will do the assessment process with the first lot and if they don't get enough then they will send for the second intake. I'm not holding my breath anyway I think its ridiculous that they keep you waiting all this time without any contact though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ee el oh

Hi guys , well im still sittting at' successful at full assessment ' and have heard nothing even after emailing HR all i got was a standard type email back basically telling me to wait land see lol. Heard anything Cameron ? how bout you other guys ....any further on in the process?:)

Still sitting at the same as you mate, its a killer aint it.
:lol:

ee el oh

Just wondering if anybody who passed this assesment has heard anything
regarding a structured interview. Thats two and a half months since the assesment and I'm beginning to wonder if they've forgot all about us.

Hey I got an email today about an interview in about 2weeks time, was starting to lose hope, just wondering how long after my interview I'll wait to hear back.....also if anyone can help on here it's asking me to bring my certificates for my education, I'm 15yrs outta school and I've lost them many moons ago, I know you can order them but was hoping I could just provide my SQA candidate number anyone know if they REALLY need them? Would rather not have to fork out £40

Cheers

How did your interview go? Did they give you any indication of how long they'll wait to contact you about being un/sucessful?

ee el oh

It went as expected, two interviewers firing all sorts
of questions at you for about an hour, relaxed atmosphere but at the same
time quite intense. They said it could be a week or two before I hear.
Were you there too or do you have another date?

I'm in on Monday, just spending the weekend preparing. Although I am not entirely sure what I am preparing for. Keeping my fingers crossed because I was talking to someone that went through the whole process and was successful at every stage but by the end of it there wasn't a position available. How much did they ask about routes? I am pretty clued up to be honest down to the fact in my current job I use the train over 10times a week on various routes. I think only thing I need to skim over it the Company itself but I previously done that before the assessment so its just more of a wee refresher.

Ps did you need your SQA certificate? I found out I have 2 candidate numbers and need to wait on them being merged before I can even order a copy, hoping they will either just go on my work experience over 12yrs or contact SQA themselves

Last edited:

ee el oh

Hi Mate, best advise I can give having been through it is just relax and be
yourself, most of the questions asked relate to your personal experiences and
skills that can be transferable over to the roll of conductor. I wasn't asked
about any routes or asked for any proof of previous qualifications but that
doesn't mean they won't ask you. I'm still waiting to hear how I got on and
gather I won't hear for a couple of weeks yet as they have to interview all
candidates before making their final decisions.
Best of luck tomorrow anyway.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Rainbow Octopus, How did you get on with your interview and have you
heard anything from them yet ?

Hey I heard that day I never got it, thought I done really well. But as the old saying goes when a door closes a window open, manage to bag a job I've wanted since I was in high school. Hope you were successful

ee el oh

Hey I heard that day I never got it, thought I done really well. But as the old saying goes when a door closes a window open, manage to bag a job I've wanted since I was in high school. Hope you were successful

Good to hear you got into something you wanted, What is it if you don't mind
me asking. I managed to pass all assessments and interviews but have been
put on hold awaiting a position becoming available which is murder.
I live in hope though.
:D

I think the longer you wait the better by the sounds of it cos I always waited ages to hear back when it was good news and the took 2hrs when it was a no, gotta admit I don't miss the agonising waits between stages. I have started a tattoo apprenticeship so I'm happy the way things turned out cos as much as I would have made it my career it was just another job.

Fingers crossed you hear soon

Status
Not open for further replies.