• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor Interview Date Received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernboy67

I have been offered an Interview for Train Conductor. Whilst excited, I am also nervous. This is at the depot that I have applied for, with the Conductor Manager. I'm trying to get a few tips. I am researching the TOC at the moment, and have been thinking of customer service incidents that I can mention. My background, is 22 years in the Security Industry, and the last 5 doing Concierge work. Dealing with the famous and that. I fluffed one interview with this TOC 6 years ago, for a similar position, and just want to get it right. I've only been trying for the Railways since 1983, when I left school.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
I have been offered an Interview for Train Conductor. Whilst excited, I am also nervous. This is at the depot that I have applied for, with the Conductor Manager. I'm trying to get a few tips. I am researching the TOC at the moment, and have been thinking of customer service incidents that I can mention. My background, is 22 years in the Security Industry, and the last 5 doing Concierge work. Dealing with the famous and that. I fluffed one interview with this TOC 6 years ago, for a similar position, and just want to get it right. I've only been trying for the Railways since 1983, when I left school.

You will need to also describe a time when you have handles money, dealt with an awkward possibly dangerous encounter - explains customer facing roles with the general public - communication skills - worked in a small team - have a good understanding of maths - dealing with famous people wont enhance your chances but dealing with the general public will

Northernboy67

I have have had 2 interviews for the Railway in the last 6 years. One of which was with the TOC (6 years ago). I worked in retail 30 years ago, albeit on the ill fated YTS. I am Currently working in a Customer Service role. I have a couple of good examples of good customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.