• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorks lass

Hi.
I applied for position as a conductor and was informed Tuesday this week I had successfully reached the standard. I am now booked in for medical next week.
I'm interview they said there were some immediate vacancies and courses in next few months. I was also told if I reached the standard but didn't score highest I would go into talent pool.
If I've been booked a medical would you think I'm lined up for one of the current vacancies? Or do you have to pass medical to go into talent pool?
Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kadot

Sorry I am not answering your question, but out of curiosity, which TOC does this relate to?

Established Member
If you're going for a medical then you'll be getting your contract soon after, and then onto a course in the next couple of months. Well done!

Yorks lass

If you're going for a medical then you'll be getting your contract soon after, and then onto a course in the next couple of months. Well done!
Thanks for that. That's good to know because I'm really looking forward to starting.
I know how competitive it is getting position as conductor or drivers so feel very lucky to be getting the opportunity.

Marshall91

Hey, could you say when you applied? I currently have a live application for a conductor and a driver position with northern however still playing the waiting game.

Yorks lass

Hey, could you say when you applied? I currently have a live application for a conductor and a driver position with northern however still playing the waiting game.

Hi. I applied early January then interviewed end January. It's all happened really quickly. I applied for a role with a different TOC and that took months to just get updated anything. Was quite shocked how quickly this progressed.

Last edited:

Marshall91

Hi. I applied early January then interviewed end January. It's all happened really quickly. I applied for a role with a different TOC and that took months to just get updated anything. Was quite shocked how quickly this progressed.
Well congratulations, im not jelous I promise . Could I ask the order of the process my portal says application in process, is it the interview stage after this and then assesment or the other way around?

Yorks lass

Well congratulations, im not jelous I promise . Could I ask the order of the process my portal says application in process, is it the interview stage after this and then assesment or the other way around?

Have you done the numerical /verbal reasoning tests? They followed the application then it was interview.
Hope you hear something soon and good luck!

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
There is no assessment for Northern Conductor jobs, apart from the online tests.

1) Apply
2) Online tests
3) Interview
4) Medical
5) Job offer

Tbone20

Have you done the numerical /verbal reasoning tests? They followed the application then it was interview.
Hope you hear something soon and good luck!
Hi Yorkshire lass can I just ask did you do anymore maths questions in the interview thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.