• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor role - next steps after medical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan ...

I’ve recently been offered a provisional start date for 6th jan, in a conductor role. I’m over the moon and can not wait to get started. I have just passed my medical, can anyone advise me as to what will happen next? Do I need to do anything or will I be sent a full contract/details of where exactly to be on 6th jan etc.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Dan

Congratulations with the job. It's actually a good time of year to start - you can hand your notice in with your current employer to finish before Christmas and have Crimbo and New Year off to relax and unwind prior to your start date.

To answer your question, the HR people will probably send you a contract of employment between now and January that you will need to sign and return as soon as you can. You may have to attend an appointment for a uniform fitting but you only get the uniform after you join. There isn't much to do between now and then.

C J

Anton Wright

Hi Dan

Congratulations

I have my medical today and have a start date of 6th Jan. Cant wait to get started after xmas. Which area have you applied for?

Any things I should be aware of when attending the medical?

Cheers

dan ...

Dan

Congratulations with the job. It's actually a good time of year to start - you can hand your notice in with your current employer to finish before Christmas and have Crimbo and New Year off to relax and unwind prior to your start date.

To answer your question, the HR people will probably send you a contract of employment between now and January that you will need to sign and return as soon as you can. You may have to attend an appointment for a uniform fitting but you only get the uniform after you join. There isn't much to do between now and then.

C J
Thanks for the reply! I think I’m going to leave my current job the week before Christmas and get some time off over Christmas period like you said! Perfect timing and okay I might give them a ring and see when my contract is coming so I can sign on the dotted line haha

dan ...

Hi Dan

Congratulations

I have my medical today and have a start date of 6th Jan. Cant wait to get started after xmas. Which area have you applied for?

Any things I should be aware of when attending the medical?

Cheers
Nothing really the medical is pretty simple there nothing you can do to prepare yourself, simple eye and hearing test and alcohol and drug test by pee sample.

I’ve going to be based from Middlesbrough what about yourself? And so does that mean we will be training together or there will be multiple groups?

Freshquick

Congratulations!

I applied last December for a trainee conductor role with TfW. They got back to me about a fortnight ago. I'm in Cardiff tomorrow to verify my online SCAAT pass. Unsure what else to expect tbh. I think there's a group workshop too. Did you have this? It seems that each TOC has a different recruitment process...?!

Anton Wright

Nothing really the medical is pretty simple there nothing you can do to prepare yourself, simple eye and hearing test and alcohol and drug test by pee sample.

I’ve going to be based from Middlesbrough what about yourself? And so does that mean we will be training together or there will be multiple groups?
Well I passed the medical stage which I'm pleased about. I'm going to be based from Newcastle. I'm guessing we are gonna be on the same training course.

Borolad92

Hi dan
When did you learn of your start date?
I am in a holding pool for northern at Middlesbrough and wondering if I missed an email!!
And congrats

dan ...

Congratulations!

I applied last December for a trainee conductor role with TfW. They got back to me about a fortnight ago. I'm in Cardiff tomorrow to verify my online SCAAT pass. Unsure what else to expect tbh. I think there's a group workshop too. Did you have this? It seems that each TOC has a different recruitment process...?!
Thanks! No I didn’t have to go through that procedure and congratulations too you aswell you were waiting long enough lol

dan ...

Hi dan
When did you learn of your start date?
I am in a holding pool for northern at Middlesbrough and wondering if I missed an email!!
And congrats
Hi,
How long have you been in the holding pool? I received an email a few weeks back now mate, telling me my start date and that I need to pass a medical before my start date.

Davieez

I just found out today that I’m in a holding pool until potentially April and even then there’s no guarantees. Gutted tbh!! I passed my medical the other week so I’m just waiting now for a start date. Hope it’s not too long!!

dan ...

I just found out today that I’m in a holding pool until potentially April and even then there’s no guarantees. Gutted tbh!! I passed my medical the other week so I’m just waiting now for a start date. Hope it’s not too long!!
How come you done your medical before you got your start date? Opposite to me

Davieez

How come you done your medical before you got your start date? Opposite to me

Unsure I think I was due to start in Jan but something has changed which has put it forward now to possibly April or beyond. You would have thought with me having a medical it would be pending me starting soon but that hasn’t been the case for me.

Kirby

I had my medical last week for a 6th Jan start date. Now just have to wait to hear what happens next :)

Kearney10

Congratulations!

Hi I got my scatt verifying in cardiff next week so just trying to find out what to expect?

Kearney10

I’ve recently been offered a provisional start date for 6th jan, in a conductor role. I’m over the moon and can not wait to get started. I have just passed my medical, can anyone advise me as to what will happen next? Do I need to do anything or will I be sent a full contract/details of where exactly to be on 6th jan etc.

Thanks
Hi could you give me any advice what to expect after you go for the scatt verifying?

Status
Not open for further replies.