• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor role north east

Status
Not open for further replies.

POL76

In mid April I applied for a conductor role and got an extremely quick response to complete two tests....... After that I had to do a personality style test. It's been two week since and I haven't heard anything! Application closed end of April so I may have been quick off the blocks to start with. If I had been rejected, would I have not got an email by now?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LETHLFH

In mid April I applied for a conductor role and got an extremely quick response to complete two tests....... After that I had to do a personality style test. It's been two week since and I haven't heard anything! Application closed end of April so I may have been quick off the blocks to start with. If I had been rejected, would I have not got an email by now?

Thanks

Was this opportunity with Northern? If so which depot? The 2 e-mails you originally got are likely computer generated, if the vacancy has been closed less than a fortnight ago I think you could still be waiting upto another 2 weeks to hear anything back.

Darandio

Established Member
So not a conductor role then? :D

As above, you could be waiting at least another two weeks, most likely even more.

POL76

Sorry my error lol.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is that because of the volume of applications?

LETHLFH

Well trains still run perfectly well without revenue protection, the only loss to the company of not having all positions filled is that they will miss a few quid worth of fares on peak time trains. For that reason I imagine HR prioritise driver and conductor applications to fill gaps on courses asap. Expect to wait a little while. Barely anything moves particularly quickly with railway HR.

POL76

Still not heard anything. If I had failed miserably on the tests then maybe I should have had a decline email by now. Been about 4 weeks since I did them. I appreciate it can take time, but it seems a bit bizarre that I may still have a chance or I was not considered for the role? Anyone else experienced this?

Nick82

Still not heard anything. If I had failed miserably on the tests then maybe I should have had a decline email by now. Been about 4 weeks since I did them. I appreciate it can take time, but it seems a bit bizarre that I may still have a chance or I was not considered for the role? Anyone else experienced this?

4 weeks is not a long time when it comes to recruitment, I would sit tight as no news can be positive. You could always give HR a call. They are helpful and theyll let you know where you stand. Also be aware Northern are in a busy time when it comes to recruitment, they are still going through the process of recruiting Drivers in Leeds and Manchester, Conductors in Middlesbrough and as your aware RPA's in the North East. Not forgetting thats just the front line positions of the top of my head.

POL76

Cheer Nick. I will give it to the end of the week and then ring them. New to the rail industry so it's all a bit strange at the moment. Yes, maybe no news in good news.

Si_leeds

I was waiting 2 months that from being told I'd passed assessment to actually getting a start date. Sit tight mate and good luck

POL76

Just got the unsuccessful email. I'm not surprised as I think I may have struggled on the maths section. Thanks for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.