• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor vacancy at Blackpool North TPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

380gk

Surprised they go up to Glasgow. Am I right in thinking Glasgow conductors only go to Manchester and back and they remote book on at central?

driver9000

Established Member
Surprised they go up to Glasgow. Am I right in thinking Glasgow conductors only go to Manchester and back and they remote book on at central?

Glasgow Conductors also sign Edinburgh.

Monty

Established Member
Interesting they mention that they cannot accept applications from persons who have had laser eye surgery. I was unaware that such a procedure would exclude you from being a guard. Do TPE conductors get commission on tickets sold? I notice it was not mention in the job description.

Withnailandi

Interesting they mention that they cannot accept applications from persons who have had laser eye surgery. I was unaware that such a procedure would exclude you from being a guard. Do TPE conductors get commission on tickets sold? I notice it was not mention in the job description.
You can have laser eye surgery. It depends on what type. Even as a driver you can.

Monty

Established Member
You can have laser eye surgery. It depends on what type. Even as a driver you can.

That's what I thought, the advertisement here though is worded in such away that you could think it isn't allowed at all.

Last edited:

Tenfoot

Any idea when they will let you know whether you passed the online assessment which was sent straight after you apply?

leebuckley23

Any idea when they will let you know whether you passed the online assessment which was sent straight after you apply?

i done it last night and have had the dreaded unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion email at 10 am today

Tenfoot

i done it last night and have had the dreaded unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion email at 10 am today

Sorry to hear that Lee, don't give up, any clue if they will let those who pass know as well or just make them wait? I did it last night also and iv had no email back.

leebuckley23

Sorry to hear that Lee, don't give up, any clue if they will let those who pass know as well or just make them wait? I did it last night also and iv had no email back.

My guess is they would let you know by close of play Monday if you haven't been successful so I'd say if you haven't heard by then your through?

BigLee

Just to keep folk in the loop as to my progress. I applied Friday night after seeing the posting on here. (Thanks to Driver9000 for the heads up!) Completed the online customer service questionnaire Saturday, and just got an email inviting me to a telephone interview. Booked for Friday morning. Good luck to everyone else who threw their hat in.

Tenfoot

Just to keep folk in the loop as to my progress. I applied Friday night after seeing the posting on here. (Thanks to Driver9000 for the heads up!) Completed the online customer service questionnaire Saturday, and just got an email inviting me to a telephone interview. Booked for Friday morning. Good luck to everyone else who threw their hat in.

Iv still heard nothing back after doing the online assessment on the 21st November :(

Status
Not open for further replies.