• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor vs Driver training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
When a Guard isnt operating doors or collecting fares they are in the back cab reading the paper/playing games while the driver is working constantly from the moment the train moves away.
And we get paid very well for doing it too thank you very much.

Pah 30K+ a year for pulling levers, easy!

Depends who your are with, you sure he was with TPE?

Took me 3 months of School Training, from PTS, Rules, Traction, Interim Assesment, Retail, 2 weeks with a minder, and my final passout, over 3 days.

Then took me over 2 months to road learn all roads out of Vic. The only route an traction on my card is Hazel Grove, and 180's.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
:D:(:D
Hi this is my first post! My dream job like most people on this forum is to become a train driver. I have spent most my working life in senior management in a trainer capacity. I am finding it difficult to find any trainee driver posts in the Northwest. I am now looking for a Guard/Conductor role until a vacancy arises. I spend every evening testing myself for the tests. I have spent most of my working life in male dominated industries so I am not worried about become a female driver. I find working with mainly men more enjoyable than women. If anyone in the Northwest can point me in the right direction I would be more than greatful. I have joined most job alerts on the TOC's home pages.

Michelle, keep looking on the Northern website. We had vacancies for Lime St, Piccadilly and Buxton 2 weeks ago.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.