• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductors and 'customer services' bypasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmanche

Established Member
So the conductor wouldn't stamp a receipt that you had given your son in lieu of a ticket, I don't see why he should have to.
AFAIAC, if you work in a public-facing customer service role; then indulging small children with things like stamping a ticket comes with the territory. It doesn't need to be written into a job description... it just something that you do.

I have a little stamp in the shape of a train for such occasions that I'm given a 'ticket' like that!
Well done sir - and the train stamp is an especially nice touch! You'll have made that kid's day - and they will remember it. (I can still remember bus conductors printing me a ticket if I asked - and that's when I was just four!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
I have a little stamp in the shape of a train for such occasions that I'm given a 'ticket' like that!

Ooh. I want one of my tickets 'nipped' with one of those. Where can I find you? ;)

bnm. Aged 38¾.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I can understand you only wanting to put the incident on here to 'vent your anger', but what will that achieve other than a bit of personal release for you?

If all is true and unless you make a formal complaint he may well continue upsetting youngsters and others by such an appalling attitude.

No-one on here can do it for you, we don't know, who, where or when.

I suggest you complain as soon as possible.

Seconded.

@OP. Complaining is not just about being angry and wanting a bit of compensation if appropriate. It also serves the purpose of helping to ensure similar incidents do not occur again on the network to other passengers. The guard's behaviour, as agreed by all on here, was nothing short of disgraceful, and allowing the incident to pass by without bringing it to management's attention will not change anything, whereas complaining (You don't have to demand anything in particular but a simple request that they ensure similar incidents do not occur again should suffice.) might make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.