• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Configuration of HSTs on the Penzance service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM9

Veteran Member
I will be travelling on the 10:03 Paddington to Penzance on 29th September. I believe that it
will be operated by a 'normal' 2+8 HST, but I can no longer find the Coach seating map that FGW once had on it's website. Can anybody please point me to an online location where I can find it (if it is still available).

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation

bnm

Established Member
Here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gwr+seating+plan

Some Standard Class carriages may have additional tables in place of the unreservable seats shown. Not shown is Coach F. This will either be a facsimile of Coach E, or will have a micro buffet. If there is a micro buffet then Coach K will be a composite. Half Standard and Half First Class.

YMMV though. GWR have fewer and fewer HSTs week by week as more IETs come on stream. The remaining fleet can be chopped and changed quite a bit. Different consists and 2+7 are not uncommon.

AM9

Veteran Member
Thanks for that. I think that I'd seen that somewhere but couldn't find it on the website. If that os for the Penzance services, it shows high density seating. Does that mean that the low density has been witdrawn? Also, on the 'old map' that I've just found on the seat 61 site the seats I've reserved are shown as 'Unreservable' and on the map that you have linked, they are shown as 'Priority Seating'.

... Some Standard Class carriages may have additional tables in place of the unreservable seats shown. Not shown is Coach F. This will either be a facsimile of Coach E, or will have a micro buffet. If there is a micro buffet then Coach K will be a composite. Half Standard and Half First Class.

YMMV though. GWR have fewer and fewer HSTs week by week as more IETs come on stream. The remaining fleet can be chopped and changed quite a bit. Different consists and 2+7 are not uncommon.
Thanks for the link to the old maps. From what you say, it's a bit of a mish mash in the transition to 802s. I have super off-peak tickets but I made reservations separately in case there's not much choice, or worse, the incoming train is turned short at Reading (as for last Saturday) and after a dash from Paddington, I'm one of the last on.

On Moderation
Thanks for that. I think that I'd seen that somewhere but couldn't find it on the website. If that os for the Penzance services, it shows high density seating. Does that mean that the low density has been witdrawn? Also, on the 'old map' that I've just found on the seat 61 site the seats I've reserved are shown as 'Unreservable' and on the map that you have linked, they are shown as 'Priority Seating'.
"Low density" (which was always a misnomer - it was actually very slightly less high density) has been withdrawn - all the low density sets are now off lease I believe.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
At the moment there are some sets made up of seven carriages, some with odd high density carriages, additional buffet cars etc. Nevertheless, its been lovely to experience their last hurrah :)

There are now quite a few 8xx diagrams. The 10:00 off Penzance this morning was supposed to be a Hitachi, but was substituted for a 125

FGW_DID

Established Member
1C77 10:03 Paddington - Penzance this Saturday (29th) is on an HST diagram.

cactustwirly

Established Member

Thanks for the link to the old maps. From what you say, it's a bit of a mish mash in the transition to 802s. I have super off-peak tickets but I made reservations separately in case there's not much choice, or worse, the incoming train is turned short at Reading (as for last Saturday) and after a dash from Paddington, I'm one of the last on.

From experience, the sets are a mish mash of both HD and LD coaches atm

Status
Not open for further replies.