• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confisticated gold season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanicman

Hello,
Hello

I am new in the uk and got a new job with a rail company. I mistakenly borrowed my colleague season gold ticket. I had intention of buying a train ticket when I change on the next train but unfortunately I could not see the train conductor on the train. When I got to my destination I did not have a ticket to get off the barriers. I showed my friends ticket and I was caught and ticket was confisticated by FGW. I was told the details hav been passed on to the fraud department and they will get in touch.
It's over three months now have not heard from FGW and I don't know what to expect from them and it's costing me a lot of money to buy tickets weekly for my colleague till we get it resolved.
Could anyone advise me on what to do.

Jimmy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
In what capacity do you work for the rail industry?

michael769

Established Member
My advice is to seek the advice of a qualified Solicitor and to advise the colleague to do the same.

TOC companies take season ticket fraud very seriously, especially when it comes to using someone else's ticket. I cannot see this one avoiding prosecution in court to be honest, and chances are the charge libeled with be at the more serious end of the scale. The only question is if they also decide to go after the colleague for conspiracy to defraud.

They have 6 months in which to send the matter to court (and it can take a couple more months for the summons to arrive), in the meantime they are likely to contact you directly in due course to ask for your side of events.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.