• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confused about Sleeper tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
I have just booked a Caledonian Sleeper ticket for travel this July from Euston to Fort William.
The ticket that I have booked is a Flexible Club Solo class ticket, on the booking confirmation it says reservation Coach F, Berth 02L, I am confused as to why I would be put in a room with more than one bed in as I will be travelling alone, are there only twin rooms in Club class? The thing that I am trying to confirm here is even though I will be in the L (Lower) bed in the room will I definitely get the room to myself.
Also it says ticket type Non Suite 1st Club Solo, I am not sure what the Non Suite bit means so if anyone knows this it would also be helpful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Yes you will have the room to yourself. Sharing with strangers was abolished in October. The “solo” description can be considered a clue.

All rooms (except doubles) on the new trains have two beds, one above the other. The upper one can be folded away on the day (it will already be folded away for you); they are no longer in a semi-permanent up or down position.

Non suite means no en-suite shower or WC.

Sleepy

Established Member
GWR abolished sharing with strangers on their Sleeper then reversed this policy couple years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.