• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confused about SWR Weekend Super Off Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

I'm looking on BRFares for fares between Waterloo and Cowes West. The Weekend super off peak day return is shown as £40.40 whereas the off peak day return is £38.90. So why would I bother with the super off peak one? Or am I missing something!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
No, it's not.

Regulated and protected fares are described by DfT in paragraphs 12 - 43 of Rail Fares and Ticketing Review: Initial consultation.

Then it's very odd why it should be cheaper.

Sometimes some unusual or less popular regulated fares decrease in price during price increases, as the relevant cap relates only to an aggregate across a TOC's entire fare bucket. Thus, some fares on more popular routes rise by more than the cap.

One can only surmise that this is some sort of error by SWR.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Thanks for that. I should have thought to try that myself but BRFares has never let me down before!
They only get and update the fares data every major fares revision (3 times a year). Hence any outdated tickets etc. will not be corrected until May I believe.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for that. I should have thought to try that myself but BRFares has never let me down before!
BRfares shows what was in the fares database on the date specified at the bottom of the page (currently 2 January 2018).

Status
Not open for further replies.