• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
AJP said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4344692.stm

Since when as Doncaster been a city, I thought it was just a large town :? :shock: 8)

the BBC reckons it sounds better <D

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It has applied for city status many times, but got turned down.

I think queen Eliziabeth got annoyed with them or something to that effect...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's probably bigger and/or more important than Newport (Gwent), that's a city. But then it's not dominated by chavs AFAIK either.

I would have called it a city, never knew it was a town!

TheSlash

Established Member
FGWFan said:
It's probably bigger and/or more important than Newport (Gwent), that's a city. But then it's not dominated by chavs AFAIK either.

I think it's a toss up between Doncaster and Daventry for biggest UK town

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The MB of Doncaster is the 19th biggest district by population (covers Doncaster, Mexborough, Conisbrough, Thorne and Finningley) in England.

286,866 were resident in Doncaster TOWN ONLY according to the 2001 census.

It is the 15th largest population centre in the UK outside London. Sadly I can't find figures for population by town anywhere.

Sprog

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
AJP said:
sh*t hole ;) Full of chavs and immagrants :lol:
If your on about Scunthorpe, then your right. Don't know about Doncaster though....

Ohhhh, sorry, i thought you wherer talking about the country as a whole then :shock: ;)

*tut*, silly me! :roll: ;) :lol:

richa2002

Established Member
AJP said:
Harry Potter said:
AJP said:
sh*t hole ;) Full of chavs and immagrants :lol:
If your on about Scunthorpe, then your right. Don't know about Doncaster though....

Anywere part from posh parts London is like that :lol:
....and Harpenden :lol: Although, we do have a few chavs which is inevitable...............

metrocammel

TheSlash said:
I think it's a toss up between Doncaster and Daventry for biggest UK town

I always thought Huddersfield was one of the biggest towns.... but after a quick click on google I found Northampton claiming as the biggest town...?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
FGWFan said:

Newport not dominated by chavs? sure you've ever been there? lol not taking the mick but a good 75% of newport's population is a chav of some kind. Never heard of the band GLC? :roll: (Goldie Lookin' Chain - brill band mind lol)

Sprog

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
Newport not dominated by chavs? sure you've ever been there? lol not taking the mick but a good 75% of newport's population is a chav of some kind. Never heard of the band GLC? :roll: (Goldie Lookin' Chain - brill band mind lol)

Well, Goldie Looking Chain arent exactly good. Music-wise, they are poor, but they are funny becasue the whole thing is a complete p*ss take of the whole gansta/rap thing and thats what makes them good!

Anyway!..........:) *turns Bullet For My Valentine back on* :headbang: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.