• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confusion over Freedom Pass on hi-speed services

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianfreeman

I asked Southeastern on Twitter if I could use my Freedom Pass on their hi-speed service from St Pancras to Canterbury West to travel to the boundary of zone 6. They replied that I can use it to travel as far as Stratford but I should buy a ticket from there to CBW. I'm confused as the National Rail website states that FPs can't be used at all on hi-speed trains. Can anyone clarify please? Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The High Speed Line isn’t within the Zones so I don’t think it’s valid.

A normal Travelcard most certainly isn’t valid on the HS Line and I don’t believe a Freedom Pass is treated any differently.

ianfreeman

Just as I thought. Thanks very much both. Southeastern have just tweeted back to me "Hi, sorry about the wrong information that we have given you but do asked at the ticket office as this may have changed." I very much doubt that it has!

Last edited:

bussikuski179

Yeah the only stations on HS1 which are within the TfL zones are St Pancras and Stratford, and even then I believe it’s not a regular zone 1-2 fare, don’t take my word for this though.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Yeah the only stations on HS1 which are within the TfL zones are St Pancras and Stratford, and even then I believe it’s not a regular zone 1-2 fare, don’t take my word for this though.
Freedom passes are not valid neither are Travelcards from places outside Kent. You can use Oyster and contactless although journeys won’t count towards any caps.

You are correct, there is a premium fare between St Pancras and Stratford. It is not great value though.

Status
Not open for further replies.