• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Connecting to Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

I'm travelling to Paris (one-way) in July and have already bought my Eurostar tickets, because I didn't want to wait until next month to buy a through ticket from within the UK for fear that the cheapest E* tickets would already have sold out. So ...

• Which TOCs will sell tickets to London International (CIV) online; and,
  • Are they only available as standard open tickets, or are there cheaper advance CIV tickets available?

I know there are various discussions about this on the forum, but I haven't been able to find a simple answer to these two questions. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dggar

http://www.seat61.com/

Check here.

Last time I travelled on E* (4 years ago) theLondon CIV tickets had to be bought at a ticket office and you were supposed to show your E* tickets.

lj9090

As stated on Seat61, phone the Eurostar domestic office on 01233 617913

My ticket from Brockenhurst was £5.60, but that's with gold card discount. It's an anytime ticket valid for 2 months (!) from the 1st June.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
I bought some from Raileasy a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't normally use the, on account of their admin AND credit card charges, but the saving (£30 for a "Euro High Saver return", compared with around £58 for an anytime return) still made it clearly worthwhile

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

button_boxer

Established Member
I bought some from Raileasy a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't normally use the, on account of their admin AND credit card charges, but the saving (£30 for a "Euro High Saver return", compared with around £58 for an anytime return) still made it clearly worthwhile

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Next time buy them by phone from Eurostar as lj9090 did, they don't charge any booking or card fees (and they send the tickets out by post free of charge).

newmilton

While I appreciate the replies so far, none of them specifically answers the two questions I asked. I know about Raileasy, Seat61, and Eurostar telesales, but a Euro High Saver from Derby (I need to be at St Pancras before 11.00am) is till a lot more than an advance ticket; and dealing with a TOC means I can collect my tickets from a machine and avoid charges.

button_boxer

Established Member
While I appreciate the replies so far, none of them specifically answers the two questions I asked. I know about Raileasy, Seat61, and Eurostar telesales, but a Euro High Saver from Derby (I need to be at St Pancras before 11.00am) is till a lot more than an advance ticket; and dealing with a TOC means I can collect my tickets from a machine and avoid charges.

I don't know about tickets to London International (CIV) but Eurostar telesales will sell you an Advance to Lndon Estar CIV, and the prices they've done for me when I've bought them that way have always been the same or lower than the non-CIV Advance fares available on the TOC websites for the same (Derby to London) route at the same time. They don't charge booking or postage fees, but if you really want to pick the tickets up from a machine rather than having them posted they may be able to do that if you ask them - it's the same ticket you would get for the UK leg if you booked a "through fare" from Eurostar, and for those you get a TOD reference number.

I've never managed to get a TOC website to sell me a CIV ticket. I once (before the latest redesign) got the virgin site to sell what the booking confirmation claimed was a ticket to London International, but when I picked the ticket up from the machine it printed to London Terminals.

Mike C

I feel as if I should be able to help here, but I've never actually paid for a ticket on Eurostar in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.