• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Connemara Railway, Maam Cross, Galway, Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewanderer

Established Member
Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to visit the fledging Connemara Railway in Maam Cross in Co.Galway.

At the moment a "popup" narrow gauge railway has been laid on the site to showcase what is to come. Plans are in place to replace this with 5ft 3in track later this year or in 2022.

Click https://bit.ly/2SXuRlU to view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sulzer:1999

I first read about this project in the ‘Railway Magazine’ a couple of years ago & have been following update videos on You-Tube, the scenery is breathtaking, best of luck to these guys.

Thewanderer

Established Member
The scenery is absolutely stunning and I'm looking forward to getting down there again to see the future changes.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Didn't know about this - an absolutely beautiful part of the world, and a friend of my wife lives in the area - excuse to go have a look sometime hopefully:)

Status
Not open for further replies.