• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Construction progress: TPE 350/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I think its fair to say in this context the Coradias referred to are Class 180 units - which most certainly can do 125mph.
While the 180s are part of the same family, they are known by their specific name 'Adelantes' rather than the family name 'Coradias'.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
I thought that the consensus was that 'adelante' was just a name given to them by FGW. Much the same as the 222 'voyagers' which were basically just meridians in a different paint scheme

Chris125

Established Member
Genuine question, if TOC's hire LHCS for things such as the Tour De France because the companies that own them got them for close to scrap value why didn't the companies that own them buy multiple units at close to scrap value in the first place.

If nothing else, LHCS is much more suited to irregular work than much more complicated DMUs for example, which have much greater maintenance demands and lower availability especially in their later years.

Chris

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Adelante is a marketing name concocted by First.
True, I had forgotten that, but I don't think Grand Central call them Coradias either, they have their own marketing name for them I believe. Also, Wikipedia normally has the correct tag name for a class, and says 'Adelante' for the 180. Maybe not quite correct in this case.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
True, I had forgotten that, but I don't think Grand Central call them Coradias either, they have their own marketing name for them I believe.

Grand Central's name is "Zepher", although I've not seen them use it much lately.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Just as a way of saying that as I look at the actual names of threads, I note that whilst this one is titled "Construction Project : TPE 350/4" and all the small order of 10 units not only have now passed the stage of construction, but have been delivered and all are now in service, it does seem rather amazing that even allowing for the occasional off-thread posting, the fact that no less than 1,235 postings have been made on this thread makes one wonder whether new threads that deal with unrelated matters under discussion could have been created to deal with those unrelated matters.

Just a personal observation.

Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Just as a way of saying that as I look at the actual names of threads, I note that whilst this one is titled "Construction Project : TPE 350/4" and all the small order of 10 units not only have now passed the stage of construction, but have been delivered and all are now in service, it does seem rather amazing that even allowing for the occasional off-thread posting, the fact that no less than 1,235 postings have been made on this thread makes one wonder whether new threads that deal with unrelated matters under discussion could have been created to deal with those unrelated matters.

Just a personal observation.

I agree. Even if it had been amended to Construction and Delivery Progress, it has still probably gone on too long...

harz99

I agree. Even if it had been amended to Construction and Delivery Progress, it has still probably gone on too long...

Agreed. Started a new one - Reliability: TPE 350/4, for further reports.

Perhaps and Admin could lock this one now?

pemma

Veteran Member
The TPE 350/4 livery will go in 2016 even if First Group win the next franchise as apparently having the pink swoosh and pink doors makes it's non-compliant.

Starmill

Veteran Member
The TPE 350/4 livery will go in 2016 even if First Group win the next franchise as apparently having the pink swoosh and pink doors makes it's non-compliant.

Where have you seen this? They were listed as compliant here, about a week ago.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Accessibility requirements just specify that doors have to be a different highly contrasting colour to the rest of the trains body to help partially sighted people.

Status
Not open for further replies.