• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Contacting LUL by e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Is there an e-mail address available for making comments about LUL? I know that there is a Contact Form on the TfL site, but I cannot find an actual address for them? If such a facility does not exist, why not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
Not seen an email address, theres a phone number and postal address on the Tfl contacts list, they even give you contact email for Tubelines weirdly. Guess its cheaper to use webform customer service templates than respond to millions of emails.

Ivo

Established Member
Having spoken to Customer Services over the phone, I now have an e-mail address: enquiry[DOT]tube[AT]tfl[DOT]gov[DOT]uk (with the [DOT] replaced by . and the [AT] replaced by @). Why this address is not more widely publicised I do not know, but it is available on the TfL site - just not where you might expect.

Clip

Established Member
Its probably not where you may think it is because they dont want the inbox getting clogged up with vile and abusive emails everytime the jubilee line goes down.

Giugiaro

Talking about hundreds of thousands of them, it's a good thing that the contact is very well protected!

I already spotted a more general one myself on the TfL site. It took a little while since there's a lot of other contacts all together in one place.

Nym

Established Member
Having spoken to Customer Services over the phone, I now have an e-mail address: enquiry[DOT]tube[AT]tfl[DOT]gov[DOT]uk (with the [DOT] replaced by . and the [AT] replaced by @). Why this address is not more widely publicised I do not know, but it is available on the TfL site - just not where you might expect.

Because of the way that TfL complaints and compliments tokens are handled, the web form or telephone contact is preferable as it saves staffing hours and time at the Customer Service departments, as all of these are logged and placed through a causal attribution system for proper statistical review at a later (very soon in the case of line failure) date.

Wolfie

Established Member
What's wrong about a web form?

For the reasons above posted by Nym, the form is necessary to ensure the query is included in the system and statistics...

....how about when the form is pretty much useless for any issue that does not involve use of a specific service?

Nym

Established Member
....how about when the form is pretty much useless for any issue that does not involve use of a specific service?

Just don't fill in that bit of the form?

What is the world coming to when this kind of common sense escapes people?

It's like the help page for people applying to the IET that includes a walk through, if you're of the calibre to be a member of the IET, you should be able to fill in a form!

whhistle

On Moderation
Why write it like that?
To stop spam spiders harvesting email addresses? Yeah, replacing the "." with a DOT won't work, they just tell the spider to treat a DOT, [DOT], (DOT), *DOT* as a ".".

Also, many companies use a form as some people do not have access to an email address to send in comments. Plus, it's easier to fill in a form rather than copy and paste the email address to another tab or wait until the email client opens a new window.

Using a form also helps send enquiries to the right place (IE Marketing, Customer Service, General, Emergency...).

Wolfie

Established Member
Just don't fill in that bit of the form?

What is the world coming to when this kind of common sense escapes people?

Would that it was that easy!!!:cry: Tried that (ie leaving bits out) and the form bounced! I would suggest for your "common sense" to be valid the form requires a redesign!:oops:

Still, with only three degrees (cue all the pop jokes!) I LOVE being patronised!!!<(

Status
Not open for further replies.