• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Converting music files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

How do you convert Legit WMV files to MP3 files.

I have brought loads of tracks off napster but when ever I try and convert them for use with my new phone they say they're license protected, even though I've brought them all for 79p a track

The phone, if it helps, is a nokia 6288 or something

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Most websites, put copy protection onto the music files to stop them being copied.

As for software, have you tried Musicmatch Jukebox?

FusionRail

this is becuase WMV is a video format, and MP3 is audio. unless you mean WMA of course. If it is copy protected, you most likely wont be able to change formats, transfer the file etc, as Napster may have applied protection to stop you from doing it. easier way: use limewire, buy the CD, use itunes etc...

nutter

Oh well, I spent about £30 on napster for naff all basically

Does anyone know a napster sort of service where the download comes in MP3 format, which is legal ;)?

It is WMA BTW
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If it is copy protected, you most likely wont be able to change formats, transfer the file etc, as Napster may have applied protection to stop you from doing it. easier way: use limewire, buy the CD, use itunes etc...

It is WMA i mean, but i can transfer them onto my MP3 player no problem

FusionRail

erm i dont know any legal online sites no, i either rip CD's, or use the company music liscence to download.

i think your problem is the copyright protection, as not all phones play WMA [infact not may do], so you cant change the file type, where as your MP3 player does play WMA, so they transferred with no conversion no problem.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Oh no! Not the copyright laws!

Once again Nutter, no problem :p

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Try this place:

http://www.gomusic.ru/

Because they are based in Russia, they are dead cheap, but also perfectly legal. I seem to remember the music industry has taken them to court a couple of times in the past, but lost on all occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.