• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conwy Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llandudno

Established Member
Conwy Town Council have announced that Conwy station will reopen next week as TfW have reviewed the operational arrangements at the station.

The late night Friday and Saturday trains will not call because of social distancing issues.

Does anyone know what the new arrangements are which will enable trains to call, and why where they not implemented months ago to enable passengers to continue using the station?

I wonder if they have reviewed the arrangements at Sugar Loaf...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Conwy Town Council have announced that Conwy station will reopen next week as TfW have reviewed the operational arrangements at the station.

The late night Friday and Saturday trains will not call because of social distancing issues.

Does anyone know what the new arrangements are which will enable trains to call, and why where they not implemented months ago to enable passengers to continue using the station?

I wonder if they have reviewed the arrangements at Sugar Loaf...!
Sounds suspiciously like these "issues" were more a case of TfW not being bothered to come up with suitable ways of complying with their ludicrous interpretation of the Welsh Government's 2m-distancing Regulation, rather than a true show-stopper. 2 car units are fully accommodated at Conwy and there is SDO for 3 cars. But clearly that was too much for them to deal with. Easier simply to close the station.

I'm also amused and dismayed in equal parts that they think the solution to overcrowding is to run fewer trains and thereby shove the issue onto the buses. "Not my problem" much?

Meerkat

Established Member
Any chance they could extend the platforms to the tunnel as per the original station?

Status
Not open for further replies.