• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cornish bus operators (excluding First Kernow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Whilst out and about last week I saw this is St Just. Surely it must qualify as one of the oldest single deck buses still in regular use in Cornwall?

Agewise there are a fair few older, but nothing quite as unusual.

richw

Veteran Member
Really! Such as?

A cocks T/A Southwest Travels entire fleet,
First & Last themselves have older stuff.

There’s quite a lot on Irish plates for various operators hiding their age! Mounts bay coaches stands out as one.

Goldfish62

Established Member
A cocks T/A Southwest Travels entire fleet,
First & Last themselves have older stuff.

There’s quite a lot on Irish plates for various operators hiding their age! Mounts bay coaches stands out as one.
Yes, Mount's Bay has an old fleet, but always well presented. I'm glad the company is still going strong. Hasn't changed one bit since my childhood

83G/84D

Established Member
I did state on my post ‘oldest single deck bus’!

I appreciate there may be older coaches or deckers.

83G/84D

Established Member
My records show it as a bus, anyway it doesn’t matter! It’s old and that’s what I was trying to point out.
Does look like coach seats fitted actually in the photo. I will leave it at that.

carlberry

Established Member
My records show it as a bus, anyway it doesn’t matter! It’s old and that’s what I was trying to point out.
Does look like coach seats fitted actually in the photo. I will leave it at that.
I wish people would stop calling it old, it's very modern to me!

I'm just off to investigate a supplier of Werther's Originals and then phone the local police to complain about how young all their employees are.

83G/84D

Established Member

I'm just off to investigate a supplier of Werther's Originals and then phone the local police to complain about how young all their employees are.

And I am off for a lie down.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

What's a phone? :lol:

83G/84D

Established Member
Making a change from the usual former Stagecoach Alexander bodied Volvo B10M's on farm contracts was this ex Tappins Volvo B10M with a Plaxton Derwent body. It was seen in Camborne this afternoon:-

Attachments

• IMG_7506rev.jpg
    IMG_7506rev.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60

83G/84D

Established Member
Hayle Travel are operating BMC YK55 AUN in unbranded Yorkshire PTE yellow and green colours.

Attachments

• IMG_9479rev.jpg
    IMG_9479rev.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 22

83G/84D

Established Member
Mounts Bay coaches have acquired Van Hool Alizee bodied Scania K113 LIG 7009. Amongst the operators the vehicle has previously served with are Roselyn and Arriva. It is plain white.

83G/84D

Established Member
Mounts Bay coaches have made a number of changes to their fleet recently to reduce the age profile:-

Departed are Toyota Coaster S764 DOX & Duple 425 OXI 725. The latter had a rear suspension failure, but the new owner is hoping to repair it.
Surprisingly also departed is Mercedes Benz 413 FT06 LCT.

A replacement Mercedes Benz 618D minibus arrived and is registered YX08 HGE. This is yet to be painted in fleet livery.

Another coach was present, a Bova with a Caetano body. I don't have any history for it, however it carries cherished registration OXI 630
previously carried by a Volvo B10M. Staff said it is a temporary purchase and is not staying long term.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Royal Buses Dart W339 VGX at St Erth railway station providing back up for GWR due to a short formed train on the St Ives line.

richw

Veteran Member
Royal buses and St Ives bus co both listed for public inquiries in this weeks N&P... presumably up to their old tricks. Restrictions were previously applied to their licences about conduct in the town, touting etc.

83G/84D

Established Member
Royal buses and St Ives bus co both listed for public inquiries in this weeks N&P... presumably up to their old tricks. Restrictions were previously applied to their licences about conduct in the town, touting etc.

Can’t say I am surprised! Anyway the Dart disappeared from the railway station after a couple of hours and hasn’t re-appeared since.

St Ives train full and standing.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
What’s the history there? The pair look on Flickr to have a bit of a motley collection of vehicles. Are the two related operations?

richw

Veteran Member
What’s the history there? The pair look on Flickr to have a bit of a motley collection of vehicles. Are the two related operations?

I’m not totally familiar but there has been trouble in the past between representatives of both. Both have existing conditions attached to licence surrounding the conduct of their representatives in the town. A friend said they are a good old fashioned bus war between the two!

83G/84D

Established Member
Mounts Bay coaches have recently acquired this Optare Tempo from Abus, Bristol for a new school contract. It has reverted to it's original registration:-

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 40

83G/84D

Established Member
In St Ives Royal Buses and St Ives Bus Company have changed their fleet. The latter now have E200 classics YW14 FHS and YX18 KVS. The latter was recently with SPS. Royal Buses have Dart LX06 FBB originally with Go Ahead London and MX56 HYS previously with Abellio.

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1851.JPG
    IMG_1851.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1857rev.jpg
    IMG_1857rev.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
In St Ives Royal Buses and St Ives Bus Company have changed their fleet. The latter now have E200 classics YW14 FHS and YX18 KVS. The latter was recently with SPS. Royal Buses have Dart LX06 FBB originally with Go Ahead London and MX56 HYS previously with Abellio.
The two newer ones are hire vehicles??

FHS has certainly had a few operators!!

83G/84D

Established Member
The two newer ones are hire vehicles??

FHS has certainly had a few operators!!

The E200's both had legals on paper stuck on the window just by the door. So possibly loans.

FHS has certainly been around the country. The site up by the fire station where the buses used to park is no longer in use as a bus parking area.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Mounts Bay coaches have recently acquired this Optare Tempo from Abus, Bristol for a new school contract. It has reverted to it's original registration:-
Very strange to see that bus sitting in the lay-by outside Mounts Bay's garage! I don't recollect MB operating a bus before. When I lived in Godsithney I knew the semi-retired MB driver who drove the St Just School route to/from Penzance in a dedicated coach, which got parked overnight in the Village Hall car park, whose successor is in the pic on the left behind the two U4 buses.

83G/84D

Established Member
I saw Optare Solo SR KX15 BMY on the westbound A30 near Okehampton yesterday. It was white and had 'OTS' displayed on both front and rear screens.

richw

Veteran Member
I saw Optare Solo SR KX15 BMY on the westbound A30 near Okehampton yesterday. It was white and had 'OTS' displayed on both front and rear screens.

I’d seen a member of their staff comment a SR was due to them soon on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.