• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cornwall in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE1888

Been working out a route for hopefully next Monday covering all passenger lines in one day, leaving Penzance at 08.44 on a Ride Cornwall ticket, weather providing of course (photographic purposes), get back 'home' to Pz 21.42, for around £8.60 (with a Devon and Cornwall card) it'll certainly be good value for a day out!:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
I have worked 1 out starting at Plymouth on the 0844 (easement allows this train to be used) covering all Cornish lines, I get back about 2145 I think it is.

I am going to wait until its a bit lighter/ warmer though!

richw

Veteran Member
I have worked 1 out starting at Plymouth on the 0844 (easement allows this train to be used) covering all Cornish lines, I get back about 2145 I think it is.

I am going to wait until its a bit lighter/ warmer though!

OP is starting out at penzance rather than plymouth though

Ivo

Established Member
Sorting a route for this is easy :lol:

I can give you a route departing at 0940 and returning at 2131, or if you're willing to pay for Penzance to St Erth you can shift the St Ives leg to the start and leave PNZ one train earlier, allowing an arrival back at PNZ almost an hour earlier.

Not that it's my journey of course! :p

---------------

Hold on. How come my times are slightly different to those you've quoted? Is the Network Timetable wrong?

Last edited:

ACE1888

The 'Plan of Attack' then ....
Pz 08.44 to Plymouth then 10.54 to Gunnislake & return, 12.39 Plymouth to Par for the 14.08 to Newquay and return, 15.52 Par to Liskeard,16.41 to Looe and return, 17.54 Liskeard to Truro, 19.02 to Falmouth Docks and return, 20.09 Truro to St Erth, 20.48 To St Ives and return, finally the 21.32 to Penzance, terminates Penzance 21.42 :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The day arrives... 'He who dares, wins'..or something like that...laters

richw

Veteran Member
When are you completing this? Would like to know how it goes and I may borrow your itinery for myself to use at some point soon

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

ACE1888

Just back, but due to 'adverse conditions' ('Kin below Zero <() had to 'abort' the Falmouth Docks/St Ives lines(also it was 'pitch black' after leaving Liskeard for Truro) today, arrived back at Penzance at 19.35pm, instead of 21.42pm, will have to do it again in the warmer and lighter months...really enjoyable day out though, glad I took my i pod and a couple of magazines though ;)
Pictures (well link to 'em anyway) to follow shortly...
'Almost But Not Quite There' (The Quo) as the song goes...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Here's the link for you....
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3222685773916.2159922.1469636110&type=1

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like a good trip, the Looe branch was my favourite when I scratched off all the lines down that part of the world (which included four hours and twenty minutes on the same 150 whilst doing Paignton - Exmouth - Barnstaple - Exeter). I'd like to return at some point but probably for an actual holiday rather than track bashing as it really is a lovely place.

CC 72100

Established Member
Looks like a good trip, the Looe branch was my favourite when I scratched off all the lines down that part of the world (which included four hours and twenty minutes on the same 150 whilst doing Paignton - Exmouth - Barnstaple - Exeter). I'd like to return at some point but probably for an actual holiday rather than track bashing as it really is a lovely place.

I did 5 hours on the same HST once in the same part of the world: Plymouth - Newquay (Std), Newquay - Plymouth (1st) Plymouth - Exeter (Std).

The change of scenery I got by moving seats made it ok, plus it gave me a good chance to do some essays, given that the first two legs were either empty or in first class, guranteeing a table to myself.

I did manage to create an itenarary for doing Cornwall in a day, but never got round to doing it. I'm sure I'll do it in post-exam summer 2013, I must get round to it this time!

ACE1888

The route was as follows...
Penzance-St Erth-St Ives-St Erth-Plymouth-Gunnislake-Plymouth-Newquay-Liskeard-Looe-Liskeard-Truro-Falmouth Docks-Truro-Penzance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.