• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Corona Coaches of Acton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
No prizes for guessing why this thread has been created.

Went into local WHSmith last week seeking new Buses mag, wasn't yet in and, after browsing, decided to buy 'On the Buses vol 3' published by Vintage Roadscene Archive. The first section featured photos taken in Sudbury, Suffolk, on Market Day in 1959. It had no particular interest to me as I've never knowingly been in Sudbury, but the first photo jumped out at me as it featured a rather stylish looking AEC Regal 1V coach with, in large letters on the front, ''CORONA''. Corona Coaches apparently ran an express service from London to Hadleigh and Sudbury, and the coach was probably on it, despite the lack of destination information. Corona Coaches went into liquidation in September of that year.

Now I'd download this photo, except
A) I'd have no idea how to do it
B) Even if I did know how to, I'd be scared about copyright, and
C) Most importantly (wait for it) I'd hate it to go ultra-viral. :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
I can't help thinking the whole thing's a lot of fuss over a fizzy drink.
Qw34GPIBcorona-vintage.jpg

westv

Established Member
I walked into a shop and asked if I could get a fizzy drink next door.
The shopkeeper said "You can only get Corona via us"

sprunt

See also the Oxford International Education Group in Greenwich. Formerly ISIS.

An English language school and education group called "Isis" is having to change its name because of the associations with extremism.

A spokesman said it had become increasingly difficult to attend international language events under the Isis banner.

There were also a few "negative comments" for staff wearing Isis T-shirts, said the spokesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.