• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cosford railway station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I believe the correct date to be 29 April, about six-eight weeks later than the original plans stated.

Bearing in mind it's the NRE website, I'm not surprised to hear about conflicting information (or in some cases complete lack of information!), in parts it is a very poor website, and in most cases I am inclined to check individual TOC websites myself for data such as station info.

Rich McLean

Established Member
BUMP

It's been open a while now, here's a photo

WD4250235@LAST-30-TRAIN-1.jpg

Zoidberg

Established Member
BUMP

You're right, it has been open for a while - but the photo did not appear to me in your post. It does, however appear in my quotation of it.

BUMP

I don't know what happened to my response to this post but I agreed that you are right and observed that your link to the photo did not appear in your post. However I did see the link in my response.

However, I subsequently found that the link did not work and this seems to be what you wanted folk to see

http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/[email protected]

Rich McLean

Established Member
Thanks, it appeared the other day, the dissapeared, for got to take the numbers out. Looks nice though

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I believe it is only completely new stations that require it, not identically rebuilt ones. I'm not sure how you would actually go about it at Cosford, I think the ramps would be quite extensive, and outside of Scotland I'm not sure if you can have lifts at unstaffed stations.

Rich McLean

Established Member
The amount of passengers that use it, it would not justify ramps, and the location doesn't make it easy. Lifts there would get vandalised. It only gets 1tph and less on Sundays

Now that WSMR has ceased, I would imagine so. (With WSMR services calling there, there were some who parked at Cosford and took the train to London from there.)

Rich McLean

Established Member
Is it still true that DCAE Cosford and the Royal Air Force museum account for much as the passenger usage to and from Cosford station ?

I would say a good 90% are either museum visitors, or staff/trainees at DCAE Cosford. I was based at Cosford for two years.

Its busy in the morning, and busy in the evening. During other hours, only a handful of people on the platforms.

The busiest day of the year for the station is the cosford air show. It's packed out, with LM staff in a makeshift shelter selling tickets and dispatch staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.