• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cost of Living Crisis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Most top-loaders do (basically being American models), but front-loaders tend not to.

Top loaders are a tiny, tiny minority in the UK - I don't know a single person who has one, for example. And (back on topic, or at least the side topic) they are far worse for the environment than front-loaders, because they require much more water (you need to fill the drum, whereas a front-loader fills only a few inches worth with the clothes rotating into and out of it), and thus there is much more to heat.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DannyMich2018

I did some washing earlier and you certainly notice how much it costs when you look at the meter. It was poor weather today so clothes will stay on the clothes horse overnight as I don't have a dryer.

philthetube

Established Member
I am a bit apprehensive about the support that the government is giving out for energy bills. I personally have spent hours working out ways to save energy at my house with mathematics and stuff meaning my energy bills are less than half what they should be for a house my size. With the support the government is giving though it effectively means for me that all my energy bills are paid for so I essentially have free energy for the year.

Yesterday I was running my air conditioner while using my laptop and watching my television thinking "I am not paying for any of this". While it's nice for me to effectively have free energy it does seem odd that a Conservative government is giving me this.
I am in profit on the deal as well, I am lucky in that I live in a modern flat and the unheated temperature never drops below 15 degrees, but a dressing gown always goes on before the heating, not because I cannot afford it but because I see no need in wasting cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.