• We're pleased to advise that our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk, which helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase, has had some recent improvements, including PlusBus support. Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Could Class 465s be modified to operate in 11 car formations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey C

Established Member
A random thought but if a few 465s lost a trailer, then you could form 11 car (4+4+3) sets which would fit into Charing Cross (if not Woolwich Dockyard) better!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
A random thought but if a few 465s lost a trailer, then you could form 11 car (4+4+3) sets which would fit into Charing Cross (if not Woolwich Dockyard) better!

It's almost as if they wanted some of those 465 trailers for 165s...

Roast Veg

Established Member
I would be extremely surprised if a 465 3 car conversion were at all simple.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
I would be extremely surprised if a 465 3 car conversion were at all simple.

365s and 465s have very little equipment pivotal to the running of the train under one trailer. Therefore, a small amount of work would free the trailers up.

Roast Veg

Established Member
365s and 465s have very little equipment pivotal to the running of the train under one trailer. Therefore, a small amount of work would free the trailers up.
That surprises me greatly - it looks pretty busy unerneath there because of the faring.

ComUtoR

Established Member
That surprises me greatly - it looks pretty busy unerneath there because of the faring.
I would agree.

Assuming that the toilet coach would be the one to remain, there woul dbe CET facilities underneath that would also need to be shifted to accomodate the equipment from the removed coach

Status
Not open for further replies.