• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Council Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
All in all, a pretty rough night for Labour, though not as bad as I expected, they lost a net of 18 councils, whilst the Tories picked up 12 and the LibDems 1, but losing 2.

In my area, luckily we avoided a LibDem council, they got 33 seats, Labour 23, and we even got a Green Councillor! Despite the fact the Tories got the most votes, over 30%, they only got 12 seats. I'm surprised the LibDems did so well, locally they've made a total balls-up of things.

BNP became the second party in Barking and Dagenham, with 44 seats nationwide.

The Greens had 89 seats nationwide last night.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

Ah. :sign6: Please don't spoil this forum by posting political things on it as has happened to other forums elsewhere. No matter what your political colour this is a railway forum and should remain so without starting arguments over politics and religion.

I am quite surprised that you, as a moderator, should start such a thread given that members will argue over such things.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Eh? This is the General Discussion forum, where things such as this can be posted.
I didn't say anything controvertial, just stated figures from the elections held yesterday and I think even the most troublesome members would be able to pick an argument from that.

TicketMan

Are you even old enough to vote Mr Mojo? Perhaps you should leave this sort of topic to the grown-ups ;)

BTW, I notice your signature hasn't changed ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Mod bit

As far as I am concerned political discussion is fine BUT keep it clean and accept that the whole point of democracy is taht others have different views to your own. Threads will only be locked if things get too heated.

My bit

What an interesting day. Kick in the teeth for Labour........ but what I'm worried about is the BNP gaining more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.