• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coundon Road Crossing Box Demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnsf734

Coundon Road Crossing Box in Coventry is due for demolition and removal tomorrow March 16 2014.

This gen is credited to my brother, who will be driving a tipper truck, carting 20odd tonnes of it away tomorrow night.

I'm not sure if any of it is due for preservation, as I understand it was closed around 2008/2009, or even how much survives (until tomorrow at any rate!)

Realtime Trains is showing a bus service Nuneaton-Coventry tomorrow.

I can't find anything else from a quick Google search other than it was originally planned earlier this year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'm pretty sure it went over Christmas along with Hawkesbury Lane. Certainly haven't spotted it on any of my trips over the line this year.

Alistair G.

I'm also pretty sure it went earlier this year, or at least taken down,,perhaps the spoil is only just being collected?

bnsf734

The box WAS still in existence until Sunday and WAS demolished and removed Sunday night.

Coundon Road Crossing was closed Sunday and planks were laid on the track so the tippers could reverse to the 360 excavator doing the demolition and loading. The gang doing the work had come from Burnley, the tippers from Nuneaton. The whole job was soon over.

Status
Not open for further replies.